Chapter 3 - Dreams

*Ashton's POV*

After our show in Dallas the next day, I went to sleep and kept thinking about my suitcase, how it was miles and miles away from me at that moment. I didn't have my phone with me, and I'd worn the same outfit I had worn the day before.

I thought about how I should just get clothes from the other boys, like Janessa suggested I do. It made sense because we shared clothes anyways. I began thinking more and more about Janessa, not only because she was the one who had my suitcase, but because of other reasons too.

I'd seen pictures of Janessa before, many different places. She's been on the magazines my band has been on, I've seen her on billboards advertising her concerts, and I've seen pictures of her on social media. She was beautiful.

Her dark brown hair was always curled just slightly; I didn't know if it was natural or if she'd done it herself. Her amazingly brown eyes complimented her hair so nicely. I loved the way she bit her lip just a tiny bit when she focused on playing guitar. I'd seen many pictures on the Internet of her playing her guitar. They were all so beautiful. That was when I realized, I had a crush on Janessa Winters.

She was so rude to me, though. She acted like a brat when we talked on the phone. She seemed spoiled because of the way she spoke to me. She blamed everything on me, like I had been the one to take her suitcase in the first place. I don't know who took it first, but she definitely thought it was me. Maybe she was just not happy because she didn't have her suitcase.

If anyone should have been complaining, though, it should have been me. I didn't have any extra clothes, even though I could've shared with the boys. I didn't have my phone because it was in my suitcase, too. I didn't have my favorite drumsticks either.

I fell asleep, thinking about Janessa, and I ended up having a dream about her, which is what I least expected.

"Ashton!" Janessa exclaimed, running towards me.

"Janessa!" I smiled as I opened my arms to her. She ran and ran, getting closer to me. Her arms flew out to her sides, and she soon collided with me, jumping onto me and hugging me.

"I missed you," she whispered, placing her lips on mine.

"I've missed you, too," I said into her ear, kissing her cheek.

"I love you," she murmured on my lips and grabbed my cheeks as she pushed her lips back onto mine.

I couldn't respond just yet. I didn't want to pull away from the kiss. I stayed there, kissing her, for a while until we both pulled away. That's when I responded, "I love you, too."

I woke up smiling. Did I like her that much? What was going on? There were so many reasons I liked her, yet there were many reasons I didn't like her as well. I was really getting confused, and I wanted to talk to someone about it, one of the boys.

It was really early in the morning, at about four, when I got out of my bed and left my room, leaving Adam in the room by himself.

I strolled towards Michael's room and quietly opened the door. I walked in and made my way to his bed.

I tapped on his shoulder, not really wanting to wake him but really wanting to talk to him.

"Michael," I whispered to him, hoping I'd wake him up. Usually, he wasn't a very heavy sleeper. I shook him a little bit, and his eyes slowly opened.

"Ashton," he scolded, "you're in my room at-" he stopped to look at the clock, "four AM?"

"I'm sorry Michael, but I really wanted to talk to you about something important," I fought.

"Okay, what is it?" He sighed.

"It's about, a certain girl. We've never really met her.. It's, uh, it's Janessa.." I admitted.

"Oh," he paused, not sure of what to say, "okay. What about her?"

"I like her, but she was really rude to me over the phone. Plus, I just had a dream about her, and we were making out. I don't want this to turn into something weird, like, an obsession. Is it normal to dream about someone that you just realized you had a crush on?"

"Yes, Ashton, that's normal. It's not going to turn into an obsession unless you let it. So don't worry. You'll be fine. If you like her, that's great-"

"Another thing is, I've never met her in person, and I've only ever talked to her when she was mad, which was the other day when we talked about our suitcases."

"Ashton, you'll be fine. When you meet her and she gets her suitcase back, she might be less pissed and less bratty than she was when you talked to her, okay? Don't worry about this little crush that you have," Michael told me. I nodded and went back to bed, once again dreaming about Janessa.