Chapter 4 - Phone

*Janessa's POV*

I wen the next few days without my suitcase. It was weird to have Ashton's suitcase and not mine. I actually had someone else's clothes and belongings in a suitcase that I was carrying around. It felt weird.

"You worked something out with Ashton or whatever his name is, right? You're getting your suitcase back?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah," I assured him, "I'm getting mine back after preforming here in Pennsylvania."

We were already in our hotel in Pennsylvania. It was now August 8, just two days before I would get my suitcase back. I never knew how much I'd miss it, but I did. I'm just glad I packed clothes in my other bags, or I would've had to wear the same clothes as I had on for four days. I just hope Ashton isn't wearing the same exact clothes he had on two days ago. Hopefully he took my advice and he's wearing some of the other boys' clothes.

"You mean on the tenth? Two days from now?" Oliver wondered.

"Yeah, that's what I mean. He said he has a show in Texas tonight, so he can travel up here sometime late tomorrow maybe, and we can switch back suitcases on the tenth. I hope he already has a flight booked here. I don't want to wait any longer for my suitcase. Plus, it gets annoying hearing something in his suitcase buzzing every time he gets a text. Maybe he was getting texts from family. I don't know why he hasn't texted them from one of the other boys' phones to tell them what's going on. I don't want to text back because if they said something really personal, I'd feel bad about opening his messages," I ranted a little.

"I bet he's really missing his phone. If he's using one of his friends' phone, they're probably getting annoyed with him asking," Oliver pointed out.

"Yeah, I'd be annoyed if my friend constantly asked to use my phone. I'd tell them no after a while, probably even after they've asked more than twice within a few hours. I mean, it's his fault for putting his phone in his suitcase. He should've kept it in his pocket," I sighed, thinking of what I would do if I ever lost my phone. I don't know how I'd go without it.

"What if you had accidentally put your phone in your suitcase too? What would you be doing then?" He questioned.

"I'd probably be okay with it," I shrugged.

Oliver scoffed, "you'd never be able to go a whole day without your phone, or even an hour, never mind almost four days!"

"I could go an hour without my phone!" I defended.

"Hand it over," he reached out his hand and looked very seriously at me.

Groaning, I took my phone out of my right pocket. I handed it to Oliver after hesitating because I didn't know how long he'd have it.

"I'll keep this for at least an hour. If you can go longer than that, I'll keep it longer. However long you think you can go, I'll keep it, but I'll keep it for at least one hour, got it?" He challenged. I nodded to answer his question.

I walked over to the couch, then sat down to watch something on the television. I turned it on and flipped the channels until I found a movie that I figured I'd watch. It seemed pretty funny.

After ten minutes of watching the movie, I reached my hand in my right pocket to find it empty. I sighed, remembering that Oliver had it. I returned my focus to the movie playing on the television in front of me.

Oliver sat down next to me, and I asked him where he had put my phone. The look on his face after I'd asked told me everything.

"Where did you put it? Did you hide it?" I threw a few questions at him.

"Yes, I hid it. And when it's time for you to be able to have it back, you can't call it with mine or Ashton's. You have to actually find it yourself. You can do it," he encouraged. I groaned.

After it had been a total of one hour since Oliver had taken my phone, I got up from the couch and began to look for it. Why couldn't I go for very long without it? How was Ashton surviving days without his phone? I needed to not use my phone as much. That's what I thought about while crawling on the floor in Oliver's room, searching profusely for my phone.

I then stood up after coming to a conclusion that it wasn't in his room. I walked into my room, repeated the same procedure as in Oliver's room, then realized it wasn't in my room either. I walked into the kitchen and found it in there, put in the utensil drawer.

"Why did you put it in he utensil drawer?" I asked Oliver as if he was crazy.

"I thought that wouldn't be as obvious," he shrugged, "so you can't go for much more than an hour without your phone?"

"No, I can't. I am going to start using it less, though. Take it away from me at least once a day when I'm using it. You keep it, then, for an hour," I ordered him.

"Me? Take away your phone? While you're using it? For one whole hour? Each day?" He separated most of his words into different questions. I nodded in response to his multiple questions. He shrugged, "I can do that. I just don't think you can do that."