Chapter 10 - Note

*Janessa's POV*

Ashton and I laid on my bed together, right beside each other with our legs tangled and our bodies close. I sighed, smiling at Ashton.

"What were you saying earlier about there being something else in my suitcase for me?" I wondered.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just a little birthday present, I guess," he shrugged.

"What is it?" I wondered as I walked across the room to get my suitcase. I placed it on the bed next to Ashton's body.

"You probably won't like it as much as I thought you would. I don't think it's a very good gift."

"You already got me my favorite flowers and a balloon. You didn't need to get me anything else, but you did," I smiled at him, opening my suitcase. There was a little box in there, and it was wrapped. I blushed when I saw how much work he had put into it.

"Ashton.." I sighed, looking at him. I couldn't believe how much he'd done just for me.

"Go ahead, open it. You'll probably hate it."

"No, Ashton. Stop saying that. Just let me open it to see what it is," I placed the box on the bed and began to unwrap it.

After I got the wrapping off, I opened the box. Inside were quite a few things. I first saw the box of guitar pics that he'd bought me. There was a little box in there; one of the boxes where the lid has a drawing of a bow on it, but there's not actually a bow.

When I opened that box, I saw a gift card in there. It was for Aeropostale, my favorite store ever. It had "$100" written on it. I smiled at how much he'd done for me even though he didn't even know me. He was so generous and nice. I couldn't believe how cute he was in person.

"Ashton, you didn't have to," I looked between him and the gift card.

"I wanted to, Janessa. It's your birthday. Come on, it's special."

"Yeah, well.. Fine. Anyways, how did you know my favorite store was Aeropostale?"

"I just.. knew," he smirked, and I rolled my eyes. He told the truth, "I looked it up."

"Wow," was the only thing I can say.

"What? Is 'wow' a bad thing? Is that creepy that I looked that up?" He wondered.

"No, it's thoughtful. I love it. Thank you, Ashton. You don't know how much this means to me," I couldn't hold back my grins.

"I hope I don't sound like a creepy stalker or anything, telling you I looked a lot of stuff up about you. I looked up your favorite flower, your favorite store. I also found other things out from searching your name."

"You don't sound like a stalker, but did you find embarrassing things when you looked up my name?" I asked, worried because I had no idea what he had found on the Internet.

He giggled, "no.. Just facts about you that I didn't know, but now I do know. The one thing I couldn't find was your middle name."

"Yeah, I told you I don't tell people my middle name," I chuckled.

"Why won't you tell me?"

"I don't like telling people. I hate my middle name. But maybe if we hang out more and get closer, I'll tell you my middle name," I sort of promised him. I was serious too. There was something different about Ashton. I just seemed to be able to trust him. I knew that if I told him my middle name right now, he wouldn't tell anyone. That's another thing I loved about him. There were so many of those.

"That sounds like a fair deal," he nodded.

"I know I've said this already, but you're different, Ashton. I love that about you."

He smiled, looking down at the bed and blushing. He muttered a, "thank you."

"Mhm," I hummed, looking back at him. He connected the contact of my eyes to his when he pulled his head up.

"Did you say there was something in my suitcase for me, too?" He wondered.

I sighed, "yeah, but it's not anything great. I just wrote a note in case you really didn't want to talk much. I also wrote something else down."

"Let's see, then," he plopped his suitcase onto the bed and opened it, seeing a note lie on top of everything.

"Do you want me to read it out loud?" He questioned.

"Sure. I want to hear how good my terrible letter sounds coming from your mouth," I smirked at him, but he just rolled his eyes. I giggled.

"Dear Ashton, I'm sorry about the mixup with our suitcases. I don't know who took who's first, but I wanted to apologize if it was me. I hope I haven't caused you much trouble because you don't have your suitcase. At least this has brought us to each other so we can meet. Your band is pretty amazing, and I admit, I was a fan for a while until I got too busy with my own music. I'm glad we get to meet, even if it's only for a minute or two. If you ever want to hang out, call me," he smiled at me.

"I know it sucks, you don't have to tell me that.."

"It doesn't suck. I like it. And I'm keeping it."