Chapter 11 - A Perfect Moment

*Ashton's POV*

A few hours later, I asked Janessa if I could go out into her kitchen and get breakfast. I knew it was a stupid question to ask if I could eat, but I didn't want to be rude and assume that I was going to eat breakfast in her hotel room.

"Ashton, of course you can get breakfast here. Why would I make you leave and get your own breakfast? I have plenty of food here," she laughed.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't want to be rude.." I sighed, standing up off of her bed. She followed and did the same thing I did.

"Are you coming out to get breakfast too?" I wondered.

"No," she rolled her eyes, talking sarcastically, "I'm coming out to make sure you don't steal any of my food."

"Okay, stop joking. I know it was a stupid question," I chuckled.

"Oliver might be getting up soon," she told me, "don't get worried if he beats you up. He's just being protective." She smirked, joking.

"I told you to stop joking," I looked at her seriously after stopping in my path to turn around to face her.

"I'm actually not joking. He may not beat you up, but he'll try to hurt you, so be aware and be ready to be insulted or hit. He's really protective of me, especially when it comes to random guys in my hotel rooms that he doesn't know," she looked at me seriously now, but then cracked, "okay, I'm joking about the random guys in my hotel rooms. There are never any guys in my hotel rooms."

"I bet that's not true," I raised my eyebrows.

"Ashton!" She exclaimed, hitting my arm.

"Sorry," I chuckled. When I walked the rest of the way into the kitchen, I saw Oliver standing there with his arms crossed. My eyes bulged when I saw how mad he looked. He wasn't a super strong guy or really tall, but I could tell that when he gets mad, he gets really mad.

"Who is this, Janessa L-" Oliver began to speak.

"Oliver!" Janessa cut him off, "stop being so protective. This is Ashton. He's from the band 5 Seconds of Summer. Remember, the one I switched my suitcase with?"

"Oh. Sorry, man," Oliver apologized, reaching his hand out to greet me.

"I'm Oliver Zander," he told me, and I reached my hand out to grab his. I introduced myself too, "I'm Ashton Irwin. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you, too," Oliver smiled, "and you be careful with Janessa. You'll see how protective I can be. Don't hurt her."

"Oliver, sir, we just met at four in the morning this morning. We exchanged suitcases, and Janessa invited me in for the rest of the night so I didn't have to go to my hotel so early."

"Okay, that's fine, Ashton. You seem to be a nice guy. How long will you be staying with Miss Winters and myself?"

"I'm not sure," I shrugged, looking at Janessa to see what she thought. She shrugged before speaking herself.

"You can stay however long you want. You should come with me to my concert tonight and hang out backstage during the show. I think you'd enjoy that."

"I would like that. Are you sure you're willing to let me?" I wondered.

"Of course! As long as you're allowed to go," she looked at me questioningly, as if she was asking me if I could go.

"I guess I'll go then. I'm excited. You're an amazing performer, Janessa. You have a great voice and you're really good on the guitar."

"Thank you," she smiled, "and I heard that you play guitar, too. Not just drums."

"Yeah, I can play guitar, drums, piano, and saxophone. I sometimes sing, but not much because I'm terrible," I sighed. We both began to walk back into her room after getting some breakfast.

"Ashton, you're in a band, and you have solos sometimes. You're not a terrible singer!"

"Come on, you know I suck ass at singing. You're just saying I don't to be nice."

"I'm not just being nice, Ashton. I'm being serious."

"Well, I'm not going to randomly start singing."

"That's okay. But would you mind playing some guitar? Just a really quick song that you know?"

"Sure," I nodded, "I'm not as good at guitar as I am drums, but I'm still okay at playing guitar."

"I know you're great at guitar. I usually don't let people play my guitar, but I'll let you," she said with a wink. She grabbed her guitar from its case in the corner of the room. Janessa handed the beautiful guitar to me.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"You're welcome. Now play something. I don't hear you play guitar much. You should really play guitar more. You look so hot when you play guitar. You'd be a great guitarist."

"Uh, thanks?" I chuckled, not sure of what to say to respond to "you look so hot when you play guitar."

"You're welcome," she giggled, and I began to play guitar. After I started playing, I saw her eyes watching intently on my fingers. She would sometimes look up at me and smile.

"Sing," she whispered, standing up and getting closer to me. She sat beside me and placed her head on my shoulder. She hummed along lightly as I began to sing. I loved it. She seemed to love it too. It was just a perfect moment.