Chapter 7 - Follow

*Ashton's POV*

I was glad that I had about a day until I met Janessa. I was really excited to meet her. I couldn't wait. She seemed rude in the call, so I wasn't sure if I liked her completely. I wanted to meet her because then I would know if I really liked her or not.

I was thinking about our one song for the show that night, and someone came barging into my room.

"Ashton! Ashton! Ashton!" He jumped onto the bed beside me. It was Michael.

"What do you want, Michael? What's this important?" I wondered.

"It's Twitter! People are going crazy," he showed me loads of tweets with people talking about Janessa following me. They wanted to know if there was something going on between us because I had followed her the day before from Michael's phone.

"Are you sure she followed me?" I wondered, "how can you be sure?"

"She's in your followers list. Look here," he showed me the list of people who followed me, and there was Janessa.

"Is that really her? You never know; it could be someone impersonating her," I shrugged.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin," Michael said slowly, then sped up, "she has a check mark beside her name. It's Janessa. I'll even click on her account to show you!"

He showed me him clicking in Janessa's account in my followers list. Her profile came up, and it was definitely Janessa. I got really excited.

"She followed me," I smiled.

"That doesn't really mean much. Maybe she just wanted to follow you because of everything going on with people tweeting about you two," Michael shrugged.

"Did she follow you or Calum or Luke?" I wondered, but Michael shook his head.

"She only followed you," he informed me.

"See," I cocked my head to the side just a little, "maybe she did just want to follow me because, you know, she likes me too?"

"I just don't want you to get your hopes up if that's not the case."

"Okay, fine. I'm okay with it if that's not the case, that's fine. It doesn't matter."

"It seems like it matters to you, Ashton. What about the dreams you've had about her? The wanting to know her middle name so badly? That was pretty weird."

"I understand that. I just want to impress her by knowing quite a bit about her whenever we meet... tomorrow!"

"That might scare her. If you know too much about her, you might seem like a stalker. I'm just warning you. Don't seem like you know too much about her, but I don't want you to seem like you don't know anything about her. Just be the nice middle."

"I'll try.  I'm sort of nervous to meet her. I don't know what's going to happen. Will she just give me my suitcase and I'll give her mine? Will she not talk at all?"

"Ashton, just stop worrying about it. Whatever happens, happens. You don't need to be worrying about it."

"Okay, I won't. I'll stop. Thanks, Mikey. It seems like you keep telling me things and then I say 'I will.. I'll stop,'" I laughed.

"Yeah. You're welcome," he laughed with me, then walked out of my room.

I looked on my laptop and tried to bring up a draft for a tweet. It wouldn't work, just as it had before when I'd tried. I couldn't tweet, and that made me mad. The fans were getting worried; they weren't sure why I wasn't tweeting.

------

Later that night, I was getting ready for the flight, and I couldn't stop thinking about Janessa. I had watched a music video of hers, and I kept thinking of that video. It replayed hundreds of times in my head. I couldn't get it out, but I loved the video so much that I really didn't want it out of my head. She looked so beautiful in the video, and I loved watching it.

Her hair looked so gorgeous when she was playing her guitar; it fell on her shoulder and sometimes on her guitar. She would fling her hair so it would land on her back. That was the part that played in my head during the whole wait at the airport. It didn't distract me too much; at least I was able to still know what I was doing and when I needed to leave.

"Ashton, you seem a little bit zoned out.." Luke got curious as I walked around the suite.

"Well that's because in less than two hours, I'll be leaving for Pennsylvania. Then after about a 5-hour-long flight, I'll be in Pennsylvania!" I exclaimed before making sure I had everything I needed. I couldn't leave anything in the hotel or in my room. I headed off to the airport after saying goodbye to the boys, telling them if see them in a few days.

I was so excited to be going to Pennsylvania to see Janessa. I couldn't believe I would be meeting her in less than twenty-four hours. It was crazy.