Chapter 6 - Family

*Janessa's POV*

It was August 9, and I was one day away from getting my suitcase back. I couldn't wait. Oliver and I were still in Pennsylvania. I loved it there; it was where I grew up. I lived there until I was seventeen, when my singing career took off.

My parents were always supportive. I loved them for that. They knew I was talented and that I could do great things. They always knew that I would end up on a tour someday, singing to hundreds of thousands or millions of people.

I wanted to visit them, but I wouldn't visit until after my concert the next night. That's what I wanted to do. After my show in Hershey, Pennsylvania on the tenth, I wouldn't have another show until the fourteenth in Ohio. I knew I'd be able to stop in and visit with my family for at least a day. I got excited.

"Oliver," I walked to him sitting in the lounge area of our hotel room. He was watching a random show he'd found on the tv. He grabbed my phone out of my hand and placed it in his pocket. I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want, Janessa?" He wondered, acting as if nothing had just happened with him taking my phone.

"Would it be possible that I could stop in to see my family between the Hershey show and the Cleveland show?" I questioned him, sitting down next to him.

"I don't see why not," he shrugged, looking at me before focusing his eyes again on the television. I smiled and watched the tv show with him.

------

Later, I had left to pick up something for dinner, and I got back to the hotel whole Oliver was on the phone.

"Who are you talking to?" I wondered.

"I'm calling your parents," he told me after putting his hand over the phone.

"No!" I exclaimed, running to him and grabbing the phone. I heard a "hello?" come from the phone before I hung up.

"Don't!" I yelled at Oliver.

"What was that about? I was just calling them to tell them we were coming over soon," he defended himself.

"I don't want them to know because I want it to be a surprise. I don't want to tell them we're coming, okay?" I made sure he knew that because I really wanted it to be a surprise. I knew they missed me, and I wanted to make them happy by coming to see them unexpectedly.

"Fine. I promise I won't tell them," he assured me before apologizing.

I walked back into my room and heard Ashton's phone buzzing. I picked it up to see if it was any of the 5sos boys to make sure that it wasn't them wanting to talk to me. I was right; it was Ashton's mom. She was asking why he hadn't calling her or texted her in a while. I thought I'd respond, as myself, to tell her what was going on.

I unlocked his phone. His password was so obvious: 5767 (it spelled out 5sos). I got onto his texts feeling rude, but once I typed the first words in the text, "Hey Mrs. Irwin, this is Janessa Winters," I felt better. I didn't want her to think I was him; I didn't want to trick anybody, especially Ashton's mom.

I wrote in the text, "Hey Mrs. Irwin, this is Janessa Winters. You might be wondering why I have your son's phone. Well, I'll just tell you basically what happened. We have the exact same suitcase (except mine has my name on the bottom), and we went on the same plane. We accidentally grabbed each other's suitcase, and Ashton had his phone in his suitcase. That's how I ended up with his phone. I've had his suitcase for about three, almost four, days now. That's why he hasn't been texting you. We're switching our suitcases back tomorrow, so he'll be able to text you after tomorrow. Sorry about the worries xx -Janessa:)"

I sent the text and put his phone back in his suitcase. I forgot that I didn't have my phone. I walked out to Oliver who was doing some work on his laptop while sitting at the large table and eating some of the take-out I had brought back to the hotel.

"Oliver, could I have my phone back please?" I asked. He looked at me and sighed before reaching into his pocket and handing it to me.

"Thank you," I smiled as I took the phone from his hand. I sat it on the other end of the table and got my food from the counter. As I ate, I checked Twitter.

I had many notifications from my fans and Ashton's fans wondering if it was true that we had accidentally switched suitcases. A lot of his fans were freaking out because he hadn't tweeted in a few days; he must've tweeted a lot. I thought that was funny.

I looked at his profile and realized that he did tweet a lot, many times a day. I followed him, thinking it would be cool to see what he tweeted. He did seem like he was pretty nice and he wasn't too bad on the eyes, if you know what I mean.

~

I'm so sorry guys, but this was supposed to be updated a few days ago, about three days ago! I wasn't thinking, and I forgot to update it! I'm hoping that won't happen again any time soon, but if you notice that I don't update for more than four days, feel free to comment on a chapter and tell me! I feel really bad about this, but I'll be updating another chapter tomorrow morning:)

-Lizzie xx