Chapter 17 - Scattergories

Janessa was talking to Oliver later that day, and I was in the same room as they talked. I heard everything they were saying, but I didn't want to interrupt when I had something to say.

"Janessa, we'll have to leave here tomorrow morning. We'll leave here at about ten, so I'll need you to be ready, okay?" Oliver looked seriously as Janessa.

"Definitely, Oliver. I'll be ready by ten. What about Ashton?" Janessa pointed to me.

"I don't have another show until the nineteenth in Auburn Hills in Michigan. I guess I could go there now since the boys in my band are already there. When's your next show after tomorrow's in Ohio?" I questioned.

"I have once near Auburn Hills the next day, the fifteenth," she laughed. Our concerts were really close together.

"Maybe you could meet the band before your concert that day?" I suggested. "I got to meet your family. I should at least let you meet my band. I mean, we are dating, after all."

"I'd like that, yeah. I've always wanted to meet your band," she smiled and nodded.

"That's great, then. We'll plan on the fifteenth at the hotel the boys and I will be staying at? I'll text you what hotel it is and where it is whenever I find out, if that's all right?"

"Sure," Janessa nodded. "I'm excited."

"Yeah. I'm happy you'll get to meet my band. They'll be excited to meet you, too," I laughed.

"Why'd you laugh when you said that? Were you being sarcastic? Do they not like me?" Janessa got worried, and I thought it was super cute.

"No, no, no," I assured her, chuckling slightly. "It's just that before I went to meet you and switch our suitcases back, I would talk to them about you all of the time. I had the most obvious crush on you, according to them. I still do."

"Awe, Ashton.." She blushed.

"It's true. Just ask them. They'll be happy to tell you how much I talked about you. They'll probably tell you that it was funny, too." I shrugged.

"Maybe," she nodded. "I'm actually really excited to meet them. I think they'd be great to be around. Fun to be around and to hang out with."

"They are, for sure. You'll soon know for yourself, though," I smiled.

"I will, and I can't wait."

"I think you're getting a little too excited to meet them.. I don't want you to start liking one of them more than you like me!" I exclaimed and chuckled afterwards.

"I don't know.. I might start to like Luke a little bit," she shrugged. I watched her intently, hoping she'd say she was kidding. She looked at me looking at her, but she hadn't said anything about kidding. After we stared at each other for long enough, she rolled her eyes and assured me that she was kidding before adding,  "Not a chance, Ashton. Not in a million years will I like one of them more than I like you. I like you too much."

"That's good. I don't want to have to think that I have competition for my own girlfriend in my own band," I rolled my eyes at the thought and laughed because of what Janessa had said about liking Luke.

"Definitely not. Just stop thinking about it, Ashton. Let's talk about something else. Like.. my tour is over On September 28, I think. When is your tour over?" She wondered, looking at me curiously.

"Um.." I had to think for a minute. I knew that I knew it, but I couldn't think of it right away. "It's over in September. Niall's birthday? Yeah, I remember now. It's on September 13th."

"I forgot that you know One Direction. I've only met them once. They're pretty great."

"Absolutely. After going on two tours with them, you start to really get to know them and you become really close. I love spending time with the One Direction boys. It's always a good time around them. Maybe sometime, we'll have to have an evening with my band and the One Direction so you can get the real effect of what it was like on tour with One Direction." I suggested.

*Janessa's POV*

"That would be pretty cool. I'd like that," I nodded. I couldn't believe how many plans he was making with me. He told me he'd introduce me to his band, then he said he'd set up an evening with me, his band, and One Direction.

I couldn't help but think of just a few years before, when I wasn't famous yet. I would've never thought that I would be meeting either 5 Seconds of Summer or One Direction, never mind hanging out with them or dating one of the members of 5sos. It was crazy. Life was crazy.

"Nessa!" My dad called from the dining room.

"Yeah, Dad?" I called back to see what he wanted. I waited in a minute of silence before calling back again. "What do you want, Dad?"

"Do you want to bring Ashton and Oliver into the dining room? We're going to play a game!" He announced.

"What game are you guys playing?" I wondered. He hesitated for a moment before actually telling me.

"Scattergories," he informed me. I looked at Ashton and Oliver as if to ask them if they wanted to play Scattergories with my family. Ashton shrugged with a smile on his face.

"I'd like to see what happens in a game of Scattergories with the Winters family," Ashton smirked at me.

"Of course you do," I nodded as I rolled my eyes and led them into the dining room where the rest of my family was.

We got the list and the letter before starting the timer. The only things going on in my mind were about meeting 5sos and about hanging out with One Direction. Most of my answers had something to do with at least one of the bands.

"This is actually pretty fun," Ashton giggled in my ear. God, how I loved his perfect giggle.

~

I'm sorry I didn't update earlier, but I was busy today.. Also, this is the last chapter before the epilogue:(

-Lizzie xx