Chapter 14 - Flirtatious

*Janessa's POV*

"Uh, no, um.." I stumbled over my words. I looked at Ashton, and he didn't help me at all. He just looked over at me and cocked his head to the side as if to prod me, waiting for me to answer by myself.

I sighed, "no, he's.. he's not my boyfriend, but..."

"But what?" Dad raised an eyebrow, really confused.

"Ashton, help me out here," I looked to him, begging.

"No, Mr. Winters, Janessa and I are not dating but what she's trying to say is that she wants to date me," Ashton said matter-of-factly to my dad, then looked at me and smirked.

"That's not what I said at all!" I defended.

*Ashton's POV*

"Maybe you didn't say it, but your body language did. Plus, you were stumbling over your words when your mum asked if I was your boyfriend. Come on, Janessa, it's obvious," I rolled my eyes. For some reason, I had just gotten super confident. I didn't know how she was reacting internally, but I hoped she didn't think I was just saying that because I liked her.

*Janessa's POV*

I could tell that Ashton was trying to flirt with me. It was so cute, though. I couldn't help but melt inside. I watched him as he looked at me, and I almost broke. I didn't break quite yet.

"Ha, yeah.. sure, Ashton," I laughed. His eyes told me he was hurt slightly, but I knew that he still believed there was something between us. I believed that, too.

"Well, come inside. All of you," my mom ushered the two of us into the house with Oliver behind us.

We all walked into the living room and sat down: my mom, my dad, Oliver, Ashton, and me. My siblings followed a few seconds behind.

My family was interested in learning more about how I came to meet Ashton, and our situation with the suitcases.

"Well, I was going from Atlanta to Jackson from one show to the next. Ashton was on the same flight, and we accidentally grabbed each other's suitcase at the pickup. I found that out at the hotel, but I didn't know how to contact him.

"A few hours later, his phone started ringing in his suitcase and I didn't pick it up at first, but he texted his phone to tell me to pick the phone up. I did, and we talked for a while. I realized he was in Dallas then because he'd gone from Atlanta to Jackson so he could catch another flight from Jackson to Dallas.

"It was really confusing, but he told me he had a break around this time, and I told him I had a show on the tenth in Pennsylvania. We decided to meet in Hershey, and that's what we did the other day. We've been spending a lot of time each other these past few days and we've gotten pretty close," I shrugged. I would say we've gotten pretty close because just minutes earlier, we were flirting.

"We've definitely gotten closer in the past few days because I didn't really know much about her when I knocked on her hotel room door the other night. I've gotten to know her a lot better. It's great," Ashton smiled at me, then looked at my family.

"You two seem like you'd be great together. You would make such a great couple," Mom looked back and forth between both of us.

"Mom!" I exclaimed. Ashton and I looked at each other. He was sort of smirking, but I had a surprised look on my face because of what my mom said. I wasn't expecting her to say that, but when I looked at Ashton, my surprised face turned into a smirk as well.

"I think we'd be a great couple, too, Mrs. Winters," Ashton agreed with her, and I internally screamed. I knew I had such a surprised face on, but I knew Ashton could see past my surprised face to see that I was happy and excited because he said that.

"Janessa, I like him," Jack, my oldest brother, smiled and walked over to Ashton to sit next to him.

"Well I like this family, this whole family," Ashton smiled around at everyone, looking at my brothers and my sister.

"I'm glad you like them," I grinned, "they are the best family I could ask for. They're very supportive of me with my music and my dreams.. Also, they're supportive of me in my relationships." I finally said something flirty yet risky towards Ashton after he'd been doing it all day.

"Why don't you two just get together already?" Jillian scoffed, jokingly. We all laughed at her comment, and Ashton's and my eyes locked together. We couldn't deny it; there was definitely something between us.