Chapter 13 - "is this your boyfriend?"

The next morning, Janessa and I woke up after we slept in the same bed. It wasn't awkward, she had told me, because we were just friends. I didn't mind it.

When I woke up, Janessa wasn't awake quite yet, so I got out of the bed and walked into the kitchen. It was about seven in the morning, and we were leaving the hotel at about ten o'clock so we could get to Phoenixville before noon because it was an hour and a half drive.

I got some breakfast: a banana. I walked back into Janessa's room and sat on the bed next to her while she was still sleeping, and I ate the banana. I quietly got up from the bed when I finished eating. After throwing the banana peel away, I began making my way back to the room, but I was stopped by Janessa. She had woken up.

"Good morning, Janessa," I smiled.

She smiled back, "morning, Ashton. Are you ready to see beautiful Phoenixville today?"

"Of course I am. And I'm also excited to meet your parents, three brothers, and sister."

"Who said you were meeting my family?" She put her hand on her hip. I raised an eyebrow, and she laughed. "I'm kidding," she assured me.

"I knew that," I scoffed, laughing harder.

"How did you know how many siblings I have? Are you, like, a stalker?" Her eyes widened. That was the second time she'd made that joke.

"No, Janessa, I'm not a stalker," I groaned, rolling my eyes.

"Okay... Sure..." She said sarcastically.

"I promise you I'm not a stalker, " I put my hand on her shoulder. She nodded and walked past me.

"Do you know my siblings' names?" She questioned, turning towards me and smirking because she knew I wouldn't know. I shook my head, stumped.

"My brothers are Jack who is 17, James who is 16, and Jeremiah who is 11. My sister Jillian is 14," she named her siblings to me. I nodded, taking in the information.

"That's good to know. I'll have to know that. And your parents' names are Jessica and Joseph, correct?" I wondered. She nodded. "I'm now ready to meet your family!" I exclaimed.

I heard a door open from the hallway of the suite. Feet walked towards the kitchen. It was Oliver, and he had just woken up.

"Ashton... Janessa... You guys will be ready to leave at ten, correct?" He wondered.

"Yes, we will be. We promise. We'll have all of our things in our own suitcases and we'll be ready to leave." Janessa giggled after emphasizing "our own."

"Good," Oliver nodded, grabbing a glass of milk before walking to his laptop to do more work.

Janessa and I walked back into her room, and I made sure that I had everything I needed in my suitcase. Janessa did the same, and we made sure that we knew whose suitcase was whose and that we had our phones out of the suitcases, just in case we somehow switched them again when I left for Ohio after being in Phoenixville for a few days.

------

At ten, we checked out of the hotel and left. Oliver began driving us towards Phoenixville, which was a little more than an hour and a half away from Hershey.

Janessa and I mainly listened to music the whole way there, or we showed each other photos and videos from our camera roll. We laughed at the videos I had of Michael or Calum doing weird things. I didn't have near as many videos of Luke because he sometimes refused to let me take a video. I had stupid pictures of all of them, however, and I had a lot.

We soon arrived in Phoenixville at Janessa's family's house. The car ride hadn't seemed like it was over an hour and a half.

Janessa, Oliver, and I walked up to the door with our suitcases, and Janesssa rang the doorbell. Someone came to the door immediately.

"Mom, dad, it's Janessa! And Oliver! And.... someone else," she got less enthusiastic whenever she told them I was with Janessa and Oliver. I knew Jillian didn't know me.

Joeseph came to the door and told Jillian to open it. He laughed because she hadn't already opened the door to Janessa.

"Jan!" Her dad exclaimed, "happy late birthday!"

I could hear six feet coming down the steps at different paces. Also, I heard someone coming from the left of the door, taking soft and delicate steps. Her brothers were coming down the stairs and her mother was coming from the left side of the house.

"Janessa, sweetie, how are you? Happy birthday!" Her mum smiled, hugging her.

"I'm doing great, mom," Janessa assured her, nodding.

"How are you doing, Oliver?" Jessica wondered.

"I'm doing just fine, thank you," Oliver smiled politely.

"Who's this, Nessa? Is this your boyfriend?" Jessica questioned, pointing to me. I looked at Janessa for her to answer.