Chapter 9 - Broken Bones

-Marinette's Pov-

Time for the night patrol. I quickly transform and meet Chat at our usual meetup spot. "Soo what route we taking tonight?" I ask him. "I was thinking we should go loop around the Eiffel Tower and circle back here", he says smiling. "Sounds good to me kitty", I say petting him behind the ears. We run off jumping from rooftop to rooftop together reaching the building nearest the Eiffel Tower. He pulls me closer by the waist and uses his extension pole thing to get them over to the tower. He sat on the edge of one of the beams holding the tower up. "Chat we should be patrolling", I say staring at the city. "Well you see, I just wanted to spend some time with you on this purr-fect night", he says kissing my cheek. "Well you got some time, now we gotta finish patrolling", I say smirking. Getting up I go ahead of him with my yoyo and finish the patrol we started. I get back to my home on the balcony and de-transform. No akuma tonight. I change and fall asleep quickly.

*beep beep beep*
'5 more minutes...' I think to myself as I hit the snooze button. "MARINETTE YOUR GONNA BE LATE!", Tikki says shaking me. "Wha..?", I respond opening an eye to glance at the time. 'Shit not again...' I jump out of bed running down my loft bed stairs and into my closet. I could only find one ribbon for my hair and since I had to hurry I stuck it into a bun and rushed out the door with my stuff. "Bye mom love you!", I practically screamed in panic to my mom as I ran out the door.

I got to school and found out I was late. Ugh. I head to my locker and grab my books before heading to first period. Sneaking into class, I sat down next to Alya telling her why I was late. "Girl, you gotta wake up earlier this whole late thing is gonna get you detention one of these days", she whispers to me giggling. "It's not my fault I couldn't fall asleep last night", I whisper yell back to her, smiling. We look at the board and start taking notes.

*time skip of Misha our lord and saviour*

The boring history class ended and we start heading to lunch. A big thump and crash can be heard through the halls. 'Oh come on! I'm starving!' I think to myself running to the nearest door which happened to be a janitors closet. I waited for the halls to get quiet after I transform, peeking out. All clear. Running towards the noises I found Volpina. "Back again? Man you really like acting like a superhero eh?", I say walking towards her. "You don't deserve to be a hero you useless bug", she says angrily. "Well no need to get snarky". Laughing slightly I deflect her attacks. "Miss me, buginette?", a familiar voice says. "Chat a little help here..?" I ask. "Awe you gotta be kitten me. Volpina you really need to chill with the akuma stuff it might be cat-astrophic", he purrs.

The fight was taking forever to end and I was getting tired. My aim was off and I was getting sluggish. Volpina took notice of this and started using it to an advantage. Using multiple attacks at once. She finally ran up to the roof of a nearby building. and I followed, determined to get this over with since I was getting weaker. Chat followed, looking pretty worried about me. We get to the 6th story roof of a building and she smirks at my state. She starts throwing her attacks at me, making me back up towards the end. I take my final step back as I stumble and she pushes me off the building. I fall. Attempting to use my yoyo to grab on to something it worked. Or I thought it worked. But I kept falling and the ground quickly caught up to me as I watched chat jump after me. I suddenly got numb all over as I felt my bones snap and shatter everywhere along my backside. Red started to surround me as my vision faded. "No no no no Marinette stay with me it's gonna be okay come on STAY WITH ME!", Chat says as tears stream down his face. I manage a smile and choke out, "it's okay.. It's.. Okay...". And with that everything went dark. I see a bright light as I hear sirens in the background. I walk towards it, before stopping. "I- I can't just leave Chat there I can't just-" and with that my eyes opened. I was in a hospital room. I look around quickly, wincing at the pain. It's was night. I was Marinette now and the pain was a lot worse then it was when I was ladybug. The memories of the fall and fight swarmed my mind as I hear someone open the door. I lay there staring at the ceiling with a blank face, as I hear a familiar voice. "Your awake! Marinette!", Adrien says, running over to me. "T-they said y-you wouldn't make it..", he says with a sad face. Sitting up, I take a better look at him and I noticed a lot more things. He had dark circles under his eyes and he looked like he was starved. "What.. What happened to you?" I ask, looking down. "Well.. You've been out for about a week... I've maybe gotten.. A night of sleep tops..?" He rubs his eyes and sits down at the end of the bed. "Adrien.. You shouldn't have stayed with me the whole time... Wait- did you say 1 week?", i said, surprised. "Yeah.. You fell off a 6 story building Mari, you almost died", he replied shakily. Then I said something I would've never thought I'd say to him in this situation.

"I'm okay."

-
WOWOWOWWO 1000 WORDS HA OOPS
I hope you guys like the chapter it took me quite a while to type hahahahahaahahah. I'm going mental so imma go ha bai my little sins hahahgiendid