Chapter 18 - Happiness (END)

*Marinette's POV*

It's been a year since the chaotic events that happened to me. We caught Hawkmoth 4 months ago. A few suspected him to be Gabriel Agreste, but they were all wrong. Hawkmoth came from America, as a traveler with his wife and children. In Paris he stumbled across a kwami, and tried his best to make Paris a better place. But tragically, his beloved daughter and her twin brother were in a car accident with their mother. The injuries to his wife were fatal, and so were the wounds for his son. His daughter survived, only to be taken to the hospital and die there. Hawkmoth was heartbroken, and a deep depression settled over him. He started to hate humanity for doing this to his family. That's when he started using his kwami to an evil advantage. But that's when Master Fu found me and Adrien, and gave us Tikki and Plagg. And that's where our adventure began.

It's now 10th grade, and everything is going great in my life. Me and Adrien have been dating for a year now, and I couldn't be happier. Now that there were no more akuma attacks, the world seemed to be better, but me and Adrien still did night patrols. Ladybug and Chat Noir will never be forgotten, but they no longer need to save Paris from destruction. Chloe was held back a grade by the principle, who got a mouthful from the mayor. The mayor looked through it a bit in the end, and realized how mean Chloe was to everyone else, and let Chloe be held back a grade and grounded her. I guess karma really does come back to bite you. Lila found a group of friends she fits in with, and no longer hates me. Everything is peaceful, and I love it.

~Time Skip Of Tøp~

It's been a month and Valentines Day is next week. Adrien said he had a surprise for me, and I can't wait! We may have been together for a year, but I'll never get tired of his cat puns and amazing personality.

*Adrien's POV*

'Tomorrow's Valentines Day...' I spin around in my desk chair, thinking. "Plagg, what am I supposed to get Mari for Valentines Day? It's been a week and I still haven't thought of anything special!" I exclaim, obviously frustrated. Plagg looked at me lazily, rolling his eyes. "Just get her chocolate like every other guy does.", he replies. I let out an exasperated sigh. "Plagg, I can't do that! I want it to be special, a girl like her deserves it". Plagg smiled, and this time is was a genuine smile. "You really care about her, don't you?", he replies with a purr. I nod my head a million times. Okay, maybe not that many times, but it was a lot. Plagg's eyes light up, as if a lightbulb just appeared over his head. "Adrien, take her on a picnic. Isn't that what girls like? I saw it in a movie once.", Plagg says. I jump up in excitement. "Thank you Plagg! That's a great idea!". I leave my room, with Plagg. I put my hoodie on, since it was raining outside.

I run up to Gorilla, and ask him to drive me to the store. He agrees and drives me to the store, and I rush in as soon as he parks. I buy a picnic basket, a big box of chocolates, a teddy bear, pink roses, and a necklace I thought Marinette would like. I leave the store about 15 minutes later, carrying a couple bags. We leave and head home. It's 5pm and after we get home I get ready for dinner. I was expecting my father to be there when I came down. There he was, sitting in the chair at the end of the table. He smiled warmly, motioning for me to come sit by him. I sit down and there's already food at the table. My father realized how his actions took a toll on me. He went easier on me and started spending more time with me. Life has gotten better in the last year, and it's amazing.

~Time Skip Of Papyrus~

My alarm goes off, and I jolt awake. Startling Plagg, I jump out of bed and go to my bathroom. Taking a quick shower, I get out, wrap a towel around myself, and walk to my closet. Grabbing my usual ensemble, I quickly change and run downstairs to the kitchen with the new basket. I ask the chefs to make a special lunch for two, and hand them the picnic basket. Walking back upstairs to my room, Plagg helps make it look like the teddy bear for Mari was holding the roses and chocolates with some ribbon. I carried the necklace in its box, since that was the gift I wanted to give her last. I text Marinette telling her to meet me at the park at 1pm.

~Time Skip Of Grell Sutcliff~

*Marinette's POV*

After getting dressed and eating, I receive a text from Adrien.

Adrien: Hey bugaboo! Meet me at the park at 1pm. And don't be late ;)

I smile, and reply quickly.

Marinette: Wouldn't dream of being late kitty ;)

I go back to my room after breakfast and sit at my desk, designing a new dress. Time flies, and next thing I know, my phone starts buzzing and I realize it's time to meet Adrien at the park. I grin, and run downstairs, making sure to hide Tikki in my purse. Grabbing a box of Adrien's favorite macaroons, I rush out the door and yell a goodbye to my parents.

In about 15 minutes, I arrived at the park. Checking the time, I realized I was actually right on time for once. I let out a sigh of relief, and walk around looking for Adrien. That's when I spotted him, sitting on a picnic blanket, with a few items around him. I grin, and run over to him. Well, to me it was running. To everyone else, it's more like a jog. He sees me and smiles, standing up to greet me with a hug. I hug him tight, as he whispers in my ear. "Je t'aime, Marinette." Blushing, I respond back. "Je t'aime aussi, Adrien."

He sits down, and I sit across from him. He hands me a teddy bear, and I notice the light pink roses and the chocolate box in the teddy bear's arms. I smile, and thank him a hundred times. I hand him the macaroons, "sorry.. I wish I could've gotten you more", I say, sadly. His expression changes from confusion to sympathy. "It's fine, Bugaboo! Just having you is more then I could ever ask for!". He pauses for a moment. "There's one more thing I wanted to give you.", he says nervously. I give him a confused look, as he reaches into his pocket. Adrien pulls out a small box, handing it to me. I open it, and it reveals a light pink rose necklace on a silver chain. I gasp slightly, and a huge grin appears on my face. "Adrien... It's beautiful..." I say slowly. I gently put the necklace down into the box and jump into his arms, hugging him. "Thank you.". He hugs me back, tightly. "Only the best for you, Buginette", he replies.

We sat there for a couple hours, eating and talking in happiness. I'm happy to say that I have him in my life.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wowow!! The end of the book! I wish I could've made this longer. I'm so happy this book has made it this far!! 50k+!!!!! Omg. Anyways, if you guys want like a bonus chapter, maybe of them graduating or something, comment! Thank you for reading, and I will see you all later!
:3