Chapter 12 - A New Goal

*Recap*

I slide down the door and sit there. Now I have to see what happens. And what happens, happens.

-Marinette's POV-

I sit there as I wait, thinking about all my memories. The good, the bad, and everything in between. A single tear escapes my eyes. 'I might be dead in a little bit..' I think to myself. And I sit there with what might be my last moments, letting myself cry over it. I let tears escape my eyes and whimpers escape my lips. Who will help Chat? Who will save everyone from the akumas? And idea popped into my head as I grab a notepad and a pen. As I write, a tear escapes.

"Hello... If anyone reads this, I'm probably dead. Now, that may be a bit blunt but hear me out. It was for a good cause and if your reading this Chat, I love you. And I'm sorry. I wanted to apologize for leaving you, but I want you to take my miraculous and fight on your own for Paris' sake. I must go now, I'm sorry this happened to you but it wasn't your fault. It was never your fault. Goodbye, Chat.
                        -Sincerely, Marinette."

I finish writing and laugh. I laugh because it's silly that the boy I once was ignored by, ended up being the boy who learned my deepest secrets. My deepest emotions. But I also cried. Because I knew if this is reality, I'd be leaving Chat to fend for himself. To protect Paris without me. And I was sad about that, because I knew this would break his heart. Now I sit here as I feel my life fading away, thinking about how great my life has been for me. How my amazing friend Alya accepted me for who I am. How my parents respected me and watched over me. How my true love Adrien treated me like a princess and loved me unconditionally. And how I finally accepted myself as I am as I now lay on the floor, breathing my last breaths. I close my eyes and say one word as I drift into oblivion. "...goodbye..."

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I open my eyes, gasping. I look around me as I see nothing but white and a small river ahead of me. "Where am I...?" I ask, thinking aloud. And as I stand there wondering, someone comes up to me. They looked like me, but maybe aged around.. 20? "Your inside your mind, dear." She replies, smiling. I look at her up and down. Definitely older than me. I ask the one question she seemed to expect. "Who are you?" She smiles and walks towards me. "I'm your conscience" she says giggling. Or I guess I say? This is so confusing. "Follow the river, it'll take you places." She adds. "Aren't you coming with?" I ask slowly. "For a little while until you understand what's going on." I start walking beside her, following the river. She explains to me that I took a fall from the second story of a building. And from shock and probably many other things I landed in a coma. I was told by her I broke a couple ribs, an arm, and I slightly cracked my head open. But she said I could recover. "Are you like a doctor or something?" She looks at me and laughs. "Oh god no! I just observe the world." She replies shaking her head laughing. I blush, obviously embarrassed for thinking that. We finally reach something else in this very empty space she calls my mind. My conscience told me it's because I'm still young and there's still plenty of years to fit into my mind. It's pretty understandable actually.

~Magical Time Skip Of Gallifrey~

As we walk along the river in my mind, a question pops up in my head. How do I get back into the real world? I think about this before asking my conscience. She just shrugged her shoulders. Great so now I'm stuck here. What if I never go back? What if I don't see Adrien again?? AGH. We can't have that! Since we've been walking for a while, it started to get dark. Surprising, since I didn't think that was possible. But now that I know everything I've needed to know, my conscience decided it was her time to go, and disappeared. I lay on the white ground and close my eyes. Listening to the silence. But that's when I hear it. The voice of someone whispering. I strain to hear what their saying but I soon realize it's Adrien. "C'mon princess I know your strong... Please come back to me baby please... I need you I can't lose you I promised myself I'd never let anything happen to you... Please come back... I love you Marinette." The voice was quiet and it surprised me, but the last words he said made tears escape my eyes. The sound of him quietly sobbing made me realize something. I had to get out of here. I need to wake up from this. I have a goal now.

I have to wake up, no matter what.

~

There chu guys go. Hope you are enjoying this, I decided not to leave you guys hanging and update this morning so there chu go. Anyways imma go now. Baaaaiiiii mah lil' sins!!