XXXIV

*MIKEY'S P.O.V*

"Have I ever told you your brother makes me uncomfortable?" 

I whip my head around to see Ray slinking slowly into the corner of the couch, cowering away from the thought. I scoff.

"Who doesn't he make uncomfortable?" I agree with the question. "He's all sex this and sex that. A kid brother can only handle so much

Frank is so sexy!" I mimic Gerard's voice and huff to get my point across. Ray just smiled shyly yet knowingly.

The doorbell goes off and I rip my eyes away from Nosferatu (best movie ever, my I add), jumping off the couch and squealing. 

"Pizzaaaah!" I exclaim, running to the door. I grab a $20 dollar bill out of Gerard's wallet (he is never getting that back) and whip open the door, letting it hit the inside wall. I wait and listen for the regular 'half cheese, half pepperoni, ham and pineapple?' but all I see is a black, fluffy hair with legs. I let my eyes blow out of proportion.

"Billie Joe?" I ask in disbelief because Billie Joe, the mysterious, totally rad senior was standing at my front door, holding a 6 pack of beer and cherry licorice.

"In the flesh." He says with a smirk. He holds up the cans. "I brought booze!" 

He walks into the house and I let the door shut on its own, too stunned to move. My muscles felt frozen as I watched Billie take a look around my house.

"Rad place." He comes to a conclusion as he plops himself on to the couch. Ray looks over at Billie and shrinks into his sweater more and more until you can't see his face from sheer awkwardness. Billie pops open his can of beer and throws me one. "Drink up, Michael."

I make a spazzy move to catch it, just making it with my index and pinky finger. I exhale with relief and make my way over to him. I don't sit down because that is Billie Joe right there, on my couch and I kinda don't know what air was.

With those sparkly, emerald eyes and those pretty lips, it made me melt. Even his voice was cute (if a voice could be cute?). He sounded like he had a southern California ring to it. And the way his hair was. Pitch black and fluffy all over the place, making me just want to pet it.

"Billie?" I find myself saying, watching nervously as he shoots his head up, eyes meeting with mine. "No offense, but what are you doing here?"

Billie smirks. "This is a movie nigh right?" I nod. "Well, I had nothing better to do so I came. It's alright, right?" And how can I say no when he bats his eyelashes like that? 

I chew on my lips nervously. "Of course, Yeah." I answer, plopping myself down on the couch beside him. He shifts closer to me and I am so close I can smile his cigarette smoke and something minty right off his sweater. I continue to gnaw at my lip. 

"What are we watching?"

"Nosferatu," I say, looking over at him. He looks back at me and smiles widely.

"The second best scary movie ever!" he exclaims, sipping his beer. I tap on mine, silently debating with myself whether or not I should drink it. I cock an eyebrow playfully.

"Second best?" I question with a warning voice. Billie smirks.

"Exactly, after The Shining."

I scoff. "The Shining? How can you even compare The Shining to Nosferatu. It's like a fucking rule!" 

The senior snickers. "There is a rule that states 'The shining and Nosferato shall never be compared?'"

I grin brilliantly. "Exactly!" and this cases Billie to cackle, ruffling my hair lightly. I blush harshly.

"The Shining is still better." 

I giggle at his persistence. "How about we agree that they are equal as good?" 

Billie shakes his head fiercely. "No way, The Shining can kick Nosferatu's ass any day." 

"How about if we agree, we can watch The Shining after?"

Billie contemplates it. Soon after, he beams. "Deal."

.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.

Gerard and Frank walk upstairs just as Billie pops open his second beer, mine still untouched. 

I gnaw on my lips roughly as Gerarr narrows his eyes at the unannounced guest and Frank just cowers behind Gerard. 

"What is he doing here?"

"

Gerard," I warn with my

Gerard, fucking dipshit, I will end you face and he sorta backs down, still giving him a dirty look. Billie just narrows his eyes back. He maneuvers Frank and himself to the other side of the L shaped couch, far away from Billie and rather close to Ray. Ray looks terrified and Gerard just beams. 

I sigh and turn my attention back to the movie, which was kinda hard when I was distracted by so many things. Maybe it was how disgusted I was from looking at the way Gerard and Frank were sitting on the couch. How Gerard was laid down on his back, shoulders being propped up on the arms rest, how Frank was laid loosely on top of Gerard, gripping his shirt as he watched the movie.

Maybe I was jealous, that's why I was so hateful towards their relationship. Maybe I was just so bitter that I didn't have a protection like the arm that was wrapped around Frank. How I didn't have someone to give me complements, to tell me how they felt about me, to shield me from the world. Nobody to say I was

Theirs

But at the same time I was happy for them. I didn't know about Frank but Gerard had went through some pretty messy shit in his last relationship. How Penelope dated him for a joke, how Bert cheated on him with multiple people. I was the only person who Gerard told when he lost his virginity to Penelope, but I wasn't the only person who heard him crying in his room after they were over. Sometimes on lonely nights, Gerard still cries. Sure, people didn't hear it, but I did and it hurt me more than I probably understood why. 

I shifted my gaze to Billie. It was sad how often I thought about Billie. How I wanted him to be the one who protect me, how I wanted him to love me. It would never happen, we were 2 differed people. He was the cool kid who smoked behind the school and I was the typical dorky kid. People like our own didn't clash, they didn't mix. They didn't meet in the middle anywhere.

...then why was he here?

.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.+*+.

I was slipping in and out of consciousness, I new that for a fact. I can't remember how I got my head on Billie's shoulder or how far into The Shining we got. All I know is that my head was resting there and Danny is in a scary hallway. An unopened can of bar was in my hand, I didn't dare touch it. 

I look around the room with heavy lids and brains turning to mush. I see Gerard set a sleeping Frank down on the couch as he kisses his forehead, bolting down the stairs to his bedroom. I look over at Ray, who was in the same state as I was. His head rested on the arm rest, his eyes blood shot and lazy, finally closing them. 

I try to look up at Billie but it strains my eyes. I smack my lips and close my eyes, ready to let sleep take over me when suddenly, I feel face first on to the couch. I make a low, grumble sound as I barely look up at Billie who just jumped up off the sofa, letting me hit my face. 

I try to form words but Billie just giggles, running his fingers through my hair. He takes off my glass- which were awkwardly smashed up against the bridge of my nose- and sets them on the coffee table. I try to say something again but I just close my eyes again. As I see Billie run downstairs as well, I let sleep take over.

Maybe it was my imagination, or maybe I was unconscious already but I swear I heard someone say, "Sweet dreams, darling," They purr softly. "Just remember, you'll be in mine."