XXXVI

*FRANK'S P.O.V*

"Mum, I'm home!"

She walks out of the kitchen as I throw my backpack to the couch, plopping down on it after with a sigh. She stands in front of me with her hand on her hip. She cocks an eyebrow.

"What?" I ask, but nervous on why she is just staring at me. I watch as she pulls something from behind her back, causing me to gasp. 

"I found this in your room." She says, staring down in horror at the cigarette pack in her hand- half empty.

"Mum, that's not mine," I exclaim at first. "I swear to God." 

She gives me a disapproving look for 'swearing to God' but shifts her hand to her other hip. 

"Oh really?" She cocks an eyebrow. "Who's is it then?"

My open mouth that was ready to fire back answers clenched shut. My mum just looks at me with a look that says

I will find out, Frank. I gulp loudly. I mumble something low.

"What was that, Frank?" 

I sigh in defeat. "Gerard's."

Her eyes go wide like she never expected it to be his. "Gerard smokes?" She asks in disbelief. As in horror of what the answer may be. I just nod and lower my head, ashamed for giving Gerard up like that. Unexpectedly, She chuckles. I whip my head up to see what the hell she was laughing about and I watch as her smirk grows. 

"Oh, we aren't done here." She says beaming. I wondered what could be so horrible the it drove my mom to laughing while she was disciplining. Was me who drove her slightly mad?

She took a bag out from beside the couch- Gerard's bag to be exact. Gerard probably left that here while he was over telling me about his football dream. What possibly could be so bad in Gerard's bag, other than porn probably. I make a mental note to laugh about the joke I made later.

"I was looking for your bag to get the hand sanitizer you stole from me a couple of weeks ago and I thought this was your bag." She explains, reaching into the bag, rustling around a bit. "When I found this."

She pulls out a bag of green plants. I let my eyes grow wide as I recognize what it was and how full the bag was. 

"By the look on your face, I can understand you probably didn't know about the marijuana being in this bag." My mum says, looking at the full-to-the-breaking-point bag. I nod and frown deeply. 

"And I can only guess that the bag is-?"

"Gerard's." I supply, feeling physically sick. My boyfriend was a stoner. My boyfriend was a stoner. Boyfriend, stoner.

My boyfriend was a stoner.

"I thought it my be something else at first, but I know Cannabis when I see it." My mum says, throwing the weed into the backpack and the backpack to the ground.

I jump off the couch. "Excuse me, I have a call to make." I say, pushing my mum out of the way, but he grabs my arm. 

"Frank, this is a very serious matter-"

"I know, mum!" I exclaim. I surprise myself and defiantly her at my out burst. She let's go of my arm and I walk over to the backpack. I pick it up and I feel my pants fall it a bit in the back. I hear her gasp.

"Frank, I, You," She scrambles for words as I jump up, pulling up my pants. "Franklin Iero, take off your pants." Her voice is sickly calm and the command would really fucking weird if this was a normal situation. But it's not, so I guess that's good.

I don't answer her, I just grab the backpack again, slinging it on to my back. 

"Frank, I wasn't asking." 

"No." 

Linda looks up at me with a red, angry face and walks over to me, unbuttoning my pants and pulling them down to my ankles. I let her. I don't know why, but I did and frowned at the noise she makes. The noise of disbelief and utter confusion. 

"Frank, you, um." She looks of words. "

Who's are those?" 

"They're mine." I correct, pulling my pants back up. My mum bites her lip before opening her mouth to ask something. I answer before she can. "Gerard got them for me."

Linda's facial expression was unreadable. "

Why?" 

I shrug. "Gerard said he wanted to make it more intimate, just supporting my wishes. And I don't care what you think, I like them."

The elder one of the two darts her eyes everywhere but Frank momentously. She let's herself fall back on the couch, putting her head in her hands. 

"I don't even know what to say to you, Franklin." She says in a low voice that sounds worn out and defeated. "A-are you having sex, Frank?" 

I bit my lip because that was an iffy subject. I just don't answer. 

"Frank," a stern voice rings across the room. I sigh. 

"I haven't gone all the way yet, but Gerard and I still... do stuff." I answer and my mum just groans because I know for a fact that is defiantly not what she wanted to hear. 

"Is he forcing you to do... Those things?" Linda asks, looking down at the ground. 

"No, defiantly not. I wanna do lots with him." I answer. "I like him so much and I wanna show it y'know? When we shower-" 

"Wait," She stands up and walks in front of me. "Those little 'showers' you take with him is just an opportunity to have sex?" 

"No!" I blurt out at first, but then bite my lip because my mum and I ne'er lied to each other. We just didn't. We only had each other. "Not always but-"

"What 'but' Frank?" She exclaims. "I trusted you to stay over at Gerard's house because I thought you knew better than that! I let you take showers with him because I thought you were responsible! I guess I was wrong!" She screams.

I scoff. "You have not right calling me not responsible. I bet your mother thought you knew better, until you came home pregnant at 17." I tease. I knew I shouldn't have said it, but I did. I was angry and I couldn't hold it in. Linda looks shell-shocked, that her little 'Frankie' had just stood up for himself. I smirk. 

"No right?" She questions lowly. "I found cigarettes and weed in my 16 year old son's room. He came wearing female underwear. I think I have the right. I don't want you to turn out like me! I'm just looking out for you since you can't look out for yourself!" 

"It's okay," I say in a calm voice. "I don't want to turn out like you either." I mumble as I leave my shocked mum in the living room. I walk out the door and make sure it slams on the way out.