Chapter 3 ~ Rendez-Vous

Gray's P.O.V.

Today is the day that I decide whether or not I shall go out on an official date with (Y/N). Should I be nervous? No, she's the one who should be nervous, right? It was eleven thirty, a half hour before I meet (Y/N). I decided to kill time by arguing with Natsu. What!?! I find it amusing to see him use his brain to come up with 'insults'. "Hey, flame breath! Watch where you're going!"

"I'm not even near you, you pervy popsicle!" he said, but he already used that one.

"That's no excuse, fire breathing excuse of a dragon slayer!"

"What did you just say!?!"

"You heard me!"

"You wanna go!?!"

"What if I do!?!"

"Let's go then... ICE PRINCESS!!!" Ice princess? That's the best he could come up with? Sigh.

We went all out, I ended up in my underwear, we got punished by Erza, the usual. It was finally noon and I saw (Y/N) standing at the entrance. She was wearing a beautiful dress. It showed a lot of skin, but her long straight hair covered her shoulders. She was looking around the guild and her eyes finally landed on me. We stared into each other's eyes as if we were in a trance. I started walking towards her and she just gave me, an apologetic look? Why? I guess I'll just have to ask her.

"So where do you wanna go?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe, just walk around." she replied.

'Yeah, sure!"

"She liiiiiikes you." Happy added. She blushed. I mentally smirked.

"Shut it cat, we agreed you can tease Lucy about this stuff." I told him. He just backed away.

We walked out in silence for a while, until I decided to break the silence. "So, about last night..."

"What about last night?" she asked.

"That conversation we had over the phone."

"Oh, that. Listen, it was just some stupid mistake. I was really drunk, and I'm sure you were too, you should just forget it ever happened, I know I did." Wait, she just forgot about it, already?! I guess she was just drunk. I guess I got my hopes up for nothing... wait, what? "I'm really sorry, but you know I'm just the new girl. You're the one who told me to loosen up." she added with the most serious tone I have ever heard.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I just told Gray that I never meant to do it and I was just really drunk. I was drunk but I meant every word I said. Maybe that's why I was the only believable one. As a part two to my 'dare', I have to say that I didn't mean it. I hated lying but it was for my new friends and he did tell me to loosen up. I'm just following through. Levy and Lucy are hiding behind the bushes, eavesdropping. I couldn't chicken out so, he'll just have to wait.

"Oh, I figured that." Wait, he figured that!?! He thought that I was drunk and didn't mean that? How dumb does he think I am? I am both offended, yet relieved. "But that's why I wanted to talk, so I could get to know you better." I smiled at his words.

"I'd like that." I could hear Levy and Lucy giggling in the background because of my dragon slayer sense of hearing, but I didn't mind. I didn't have to lie anymore, and I could have a nice chat with another ice mage. He took me to a beautiful large pond that was lacking in ducks, fish, that kind of stuff.

"You wanna help me with this?" he asked me. I was confused at first until he started freezing the lake. When I realized what he was doing, I helped him. I was really hoping that I ditched the girls, I've never been to this part of Magnolia before, so it's throwing me off with the new scents. He held out his hand and I gladly took it.