Chapter 11 ~ The Everlasting Battles on the Island of Fairy Tail

Lucy's P.O.V.

I was going to take a bath, only to find Cana already in my bath tub. She was all depressed though, and even though I know it's still before noon, it just felt weird seeing her without alcohol in her hand. She was talking nonsense though, I mean, she was considering leaving the guild... for good. That's just horrible! I can't allow it. I tried to talk her out of it, but I just couldn't. When I realized that there was no talking her out of it, I politely asked her to leave. I mean, it is my house, my tub, I wanted to take a bath and she was uninvited. But I was certainly going to try to talk to Cana again later.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

The day after my date was the busiest day ever. Not for me, but for the whole guild. Everyone is going out on a bunch of solo jobs, one after the other. "What's going on?" I asked Lucy and Wendy who were the only ones not running.

"I don't know. They've never been this way before. Not since I've been here anyways." Lucy answered. Wendy just shrugged. I went over to Mirajane.

"Hey, Mira? What's going on?" I asked.

"Why just the S-class promotional trials." she replied.

"The S-class w-what w-what's?" was my response.

"It's when we put a group of wizards in a tournament to decide who should be promoted to an S-class mage." Mirajane explained.

"Oh, I see."

"Master handpicks these lucky contestants and they work in groups of two." she added.

~~Time skip~~

"Listen up brats, it's time to announce the S-class contestants. This year's participants are... Natsu Dragneel, Gray Fullbuster, Cana Alberona, Levy McGarden, (Y/N) (L/N), Elfman Strauss, Freed Justine, and Mest Gryder. However, only one of you will be promoted. You shall all choose one partner who is not already an S-class wizard, and meet at the docks in a week. Good luck to all participants." Master announced. Wait, did he say my name? Wow... Okay... Well at least I already know who my partner's gonna be. Jesse of course! We've got a lot of training to do. I can't believe I'm going against seven of my friends, but 14 including the partners, and I might fight Erza, Mira or Gildarts along the way. As long as I have fun. Wait a minute... who's Mest Gryder?

Did he just join? But he was nominated to be an S-class wizard. Maybe he was really powerful at his old guild. I mean, I was nominated as well. But it feels like I know him... yet, I don't. Maybe he has been here for a long time and just sits quietly in the back? Or he could always be on job requests. Just like Gildarts. Hopefully he's not as powerful as him. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. As soon as the master finished his announcement, I took Jesse to the park and we began our training. I practiced my dragon slaying magic on rocks and trees, and Jesse tried to fly for longer periods of time while holding increasingly larger objects. I could feel my power slowly growing and I could see a lot of improvement on Jesse's behalf. I'm so proud of her... but I never tell her that. Maybe I should start. "Jesse, why don't you take a break with me?" I suggested.

"You sure? I could get another 15 minutes in." she replied.

"If you want."

"No, no, no, no, no! Let's take a break." she said, flying over to wear I was. I laughed at her cuteness.

"Wanna head back to the guild?"

"I rather not. How about we head back to your place?"

"Sure!" I exclaimed. We headed back to our place, also known as Lucy's apartment, and I couldn't find Lucy. She must be out. Oh well, I won't be long anyways.