Chapter 12 ~ The Gap Between Our Friends

Natsu's P.O.V.

    Man! That was a great snooze. I wonder what happened when I was out. Wait... Where's Happy and (Y/N)? And hey, Droy is really big now! "How come everyone changed so much? And why are you here? We've only been gone a week." I stated.

    "Umm... Natsu? Tenrou Island has been missing for seven years." Warren explained.

    "Whaaaaat!?" I found Happy at least... he was just as shocked as I was. Wait, but who won the S-class trials!? I guess no one won this time, but you can be sure that I'll win the next! Right Happy? Oh yeah, he can't hear me in my own head. At last we found (Y/N) and the others and headed back to Fairy Tail to tell the others the good news. Except, it wasn't in our regular building, it was smaller, with way less people and nearly no jobs. When we got there, some punk was about to kick Romeo, so I kicked him. Everyone looked so shocked to see us all, so am I to be honest. I still can't believe it's been seven years. They've gone seven years without us, and it seems most of the other members have left.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

    Apparently, the tenrou team's been gone for a whole seven years. That's a lot of time to be without your friends. Except for us, it's merely been a week. It's amazing to see all the changes over the past years. For instance, Romeo has grown so much! He's turned into such a handsome young man. Plus, Alzack and Bisca are married! They even have an adorable little girl named Asuka. From the sketches I've seen, she appears to take after her parents a lot. I'm just pretty bummed out I wasn't able to attend the wedding, but I think that Erza was the most devastated about missing it all. After being caught up, everyone left in the guild did enough partying, drinking, dancing and singing to make up for the seven years we've been gone. You know how much Fairy Tail likes to party.

"Hey Cana. How about we have a little rematch on our little drinking contest. Seems fair seeing as neither of us had practiced for seven years." I suggested.

"Why? You feel like being humiliated even more? Was last time not enough?" she taunted.

"What's wrong? Don't tell me you're scared."

"Who? Me? Please, I could out drink you any day."

"Doesn't seem that way to me."

"Fine, you're on!" she exclaimed as we shook hands.

"Mira!"" we shouted in unison, signaling over the waitress to bring us over a lot of beers. This time, I'm gonna win.

~~Time skip~~

    I'm thinking I should quit now. I know, I know, I said I would win this one. But I really don't feel like passing out again. I have to, I just have to... There's no beating Cana Alberona. I tried to persevere, chugging another beer, but I wouldn't last much longer anyways. "I'm tapping out."

    "Woohoo! I won again!" the card mage gloated.

    "You are so lucky I went easy on you!" I stated.

    "(Y/N), are you okay?" a male voice asked behind me, resting a hand on my left shoulder.

    "Yeah. yeah, I..." I started, turning my head to see who it was. "Natsu!" I hugged him and started randomly giggling. Stupid alcohol. Oh well, it's not likes it's hurting anyone.

Natsu's P.O.V.

"Natsu!" (Y/'N) shouted and giggled like crazy as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I blushed a bit, even though I know she's under the influence of the alcohol she just drank. It felt nice.

"U-uh... A-are you s-sure you're o-okay?" I stuttered. She looked up, staring into my eyes and didn't say a word. "(Y-Y/N)?"

"Has anyone told you how amazing you are? And how nice your eyes are?" she said while blushing. I blushed as well.