Chapter 5 ~ 24-hour endurance road race

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

    It was early in the morning and everyone was stretching. What's going on? I asked Wendy and she explained how she was still fairly new but this was the 24 hour endurance road race, where everyone in Fairy Tail had to run in some sort of marathon. It doesn't matter which place you get, as long as you're not last. She also told me how Jet always won because of his magic. Master then showed up and explained, due to many complaints, there is no flying allowed. Evergreen and Happy were very sad about this. He explained the route and we were off.

    For the most part, I just slid on my ice, and Gray copied me. Of course I was in front of him, but I didn't feel unique. I stopped making an ice path when I realized that everyone was catching a ride on it too, so I stopped it immediately, hopped off, and everyone behind me tumbled to the sudden stop of ice. I'm still not in the lead, obviously Jet was, but I was close. I got to the top of the mountain and grabbed a Wyvern Scale. There were plenty left, so I guess I was one of the first ones! I quickly ran back and there was still another fourteen hours left or so. I slowed my pace, because I was getting a little tired and realized something. Why doesn't the white haired girl who works at the bar have to do this? I saw her guild mark, which means that she's a guild member. Oh well, the master probably doesn't want to 'punish' her anyway.

    I was near the finish line, neck and neck with Jet, Natsu, Erza, Gray, Gajeel and Jesse of course, for first place, but all of a sudden, Natsu trips and makes the rest of us fall with him. Before we could get up, a certain blue cat ran across the finish line and we all sweatdropped. Before we knew it, Wendy and her exceed crossed the finish line as well. We thought it was all over until we realized, it wasn't. The rest of the guild came running, stepping all over the seven of us. "What's this? Erza and (Y/N) have crossed the finish line with the others." Jason stated. To avoid being last, Jet sprinted for the finish line, but before he could, Gajeel, Gray and Natsu grabbed onto him, causing them all to be last.

    The punishment for this year was to have a photoshoot in sorcerer weekly, modelling the newest girl's fashion and to have an up-close and personal interview, all for the next issue. They ran away with an excited reporter hot on their heels. While they were running away, I went and congratulated the two exceeds and the long haired bluenette for their victory. "Congrats Happy, Carla and Wendy!"

    "Thank you (Y/N)." Wendy replied.

    "I dedicate this win to the beautiful and intelligent Carla." Happy stated.

    "The feeling is certainly not mutual, tomcat." Carla replied rather harshly. Happy looked sad and I leaned down to comfort him.

    "It's okay, Happy. Any cat should consider herself lucky to have such an amazing cat like yourself." I told him in a motherly tone.

    "Thanks (Y/N)." he said, a bit happier than he was a second ago.

    "Hey (Y/N)!" I heard Lucy say.

    "Oh, hi Lucy!" I replied.

    "I didn't expect you to be that fast."

    "Neither did I! I guess it's part of my competitive nature." I said with a shrug.

    "I'm surprised you were able to keep up with my bunny suit." Erza budded in.

    "Thanks, I am pretty exhausted though." I replied. "What time is it anyway?"

    "Um, some time around -" the blonde started, but was interrupted by a certain fire mage who just got back from running away from the annoying Jason.

    "Hey, Luce. Can I talk to you for a second?" he said, putting a hand on her shoulder. She tensed up and I just smirked.

    "Uh... sure." she replied, turning the ending of that statement into more of a question. They both walked away and I was left with the redhead, who barely broke a sweat, Wendy, who was still trying to catch her breath, and the blue and the white exceeds. I wonder where Jesse's gone off to.