Chapter 8 ~ All the Visits in the Worlds

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

    I sat down, had a drink... or two... and had a little chat with Mirajane. "So, Mira," I said. "What's new?"

    "Nothing really. Anything new going on, you already know." Mira replied, drying a beer mug.

    "I see." I said. I heard Elfman say something about being a man and I just had to ask. "Hey, Mira? What's up with Elfman and being a man? Has he always been like this?"

    "Not exactly..." she answered a little secretively. Lucy, Natsu, Gray, Erza and Wendy walked in and they all went their separate ways. Lucy took a seat next to me. "So, how did the quest go?"

    "Terrible. Natsu destroyed everything that Gray didn't freeze first, and Erza... Oh, Erza. Let's just say there was barely anything left of the town we were trying to save."

    "So... same old, same old?" I budded in.

    She sighed. "Yeah, pretty much."

    Lucy got all depressed and went off to Wendy and they talked for a while. I went back to Mirajane and Cana joined in on the drinking. We would've had a drinking contest, but it was still a little too early in the day for something like that. Cana joined in on the talking, and then something really ticked me off. They started talking about shippings and boyfriends. I was not in the mood for anything of the sort, but I stayed because I was too tired to move and I just knew that they wouldn't take it somewhere else. I listened in and some of the stuff they said made sense. I mean, Alzack and Bisca... just saying. But others...

    They were still talking, teasing me and insisting that I listen. All of a sudden, everyone in Magnolia heard a bunch of bells going off. Since Wendy and Lucy were still new, they were confused as well. Everyone in the guild started cheering which confused me even more. People kept on saying "Gildarts is back!" over and over again. Of course, I didn't know who Gildarts was so I wasn't as excited as everybody else. Lucy and Wendy asked Mira what all the fuss was about and she just said that it has been three years since Gildarts left on a century quest. We heard horns saying to prepare for a 'Gildarts shift', whatever that means.

    "I'm all for festive, but this is just ridiculous." Carla said.

    "They sure are excited." Wendy added.

    "What in the heck is a Magnolia Gildarts shift anyway?" Lucy wondered aloud. I thought the same thing, but only in my mind.

    "Step outside and see for yourself." Erza told us. We looked outside and the whole town was shifting and moving around.

    "Magnolia, just split in two!" Lucy exclaimed. There was now a clear path to the Fairy Tail guild hall.

    "A precautionary measure for Gildarts' crash  magic." Erza explained.

    "Since he destroys everything that he touches, it's better for everyone if he stays clear from homes and businesses." Mirajane added.

    "Like, he just walks right through them?" Lucy asked.

    "You modified the town just 'cause he's clumsy?" I queried.

    "He sounds amazing!" Wendy said in awe.

    "Yes, amazingly stupid." Carla sassed.

    "Here he comes!" I heard Natsu say.

    "Aye!" was Happy's reply. When Gildarts made it to the guild hall, he looked kind of disappointed.

    "Come on you old geezer, let's throw down!" Natsu demanded.

    "That's no way to treat a man." Elfman nagged.