Chapter 9 ~ A World to Remember

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

    "Hey, Jesse, are you okay?" I asked.

    "Yeah, just a little tired." she replied.

    "Do you wanna rest on my head for a while?"

    "Really?" she asked. I nodded. Jesse let out a little excited sound and hopped onto my shoulders. Her smile made me a lot less hungry and tired. And now we're back to that. My stomach grumbled. "Are you alright?"

    "Yeah, I'm just a little tired too." My stomach grumbled again. "Maybe I'm a little hungry too."

    "But what can we eat?"

    "Well, we have a very wide variety of clouds and air." I replied sarcastically.

    "Isn't that what Wendy uses to power up?"

    "Yes, yes it is. But I'm not Wendy, you're no Wendy, and Wendy is gone! We are all alone, no food, no water, no shelter... What if it rains?"

    "Considering we're on top of the clouds, I don't think we're going to get that wet."

    "I'm just surprised how the clouds can hold our weight."

    "Well, I'm not fat like you."

    "Hey, I thought we were friends!"

    "We are, but you could lose some weight." she joked playfully.

    "Okay, enough of me, how about we take a break. We'll never get anywhere if we can't walk in the morning."

    "How can you tell what time of day it is? It is always dark."

    "Dragon sense."

    "Dragon sense?"

    "Don't you have like a cat sense?"

    "Cat sense?"

    "Is that not a thing?"

    "Not that I'm aware of. I am a cat after all!"

    "I was not made aware of that. Were you a cat your whole life?" I said sarcastically.

    "Your sarcasm doesn't help the situation."

    "I know, let's just sleep. We can talk about this tomorrow... or whenever we wake up."

    "Good idea." she replied as she jumped off of my head and onto a bed of clouds. I did the same, minus the whole jumping off my own head. It would be awesome if I could actually happen.

~~Time skip~~

    Jesse and I woke up and ran into Mystogan. He flew us into this giant black hole type thing and sent us on the right path. It took us awhile, but we finally made it to a town. No more clouds, no more darkness, no more air-. Okay, maybe there was some air. This town looked just like Magnolia. But we were just there and it completely disappeared. Unless we literally walked in a circle and in the meantime, all the wizards in the world worked together to bring the town back. Although, something does seem different about this place. Something's off, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

    Walking around town, I kept on getting this feeling that people were judging me. everywhere I went, people gave me this look. Jesse felt it too, I could tell by the look in her eyes. "I feel like I've been here before." she stated.

    "Well, of course, we live in Magnolia." I replied.

    "No, this is different, like I've been here... a long time ago."