Chapter 14 ~ Random Encounters and A Magic Ball

Y/N's P.O.V.

Mirajane is way too excited to see the photos that came from that stupid photoshoot. I am seriously dreading this day. Walking towards the guild hall, I hear Mirajane squeal from the other side of the large wooden doors. I walk in and everybody is staring at me. Feeling uncomfortable with everybody's stares, I ask "Why is everyone looking at me like that?" No one answered, so I yelled "Get back to what you were doing!" The guild went back to whatever they were doing. Knowing them, probably arguing about stupid little things that won't even matter in ten minutes. I walk up to the bar and ask the lovely white-haired bartender about the situation. She must know. "What's going on Mira? Did something happen that I'm not aware of?"

She simply giggles while drying an empty beer mug. "I'm not sure if you know this, but the newest issue of Sorcerer Weekly came out this morning, and I grabbed a few copies! You just looked so great! All those different outfits, all those different men."

"No, they weren't men." I rebutted.

Mirajane continued, simply brushing me off. "You must have had a lot of fun there!" she gushed. "Let's take a look, shall we?"

"Oh gosh," I muttered. She pulled out the magazine and showed me the cover. Of course there's me in that stupid little outfit. "How many of these do you have exactly?"

"That's not important," she dismissed as she shoved the magazine in my face. "You look amazing, (Y/N)! You're a natural. The guys don't look too bad themselves."

"These are beautiful!" Lucy exclaims, peering over my shoulder to get a good view of the article. "I still can't believe you went through with it. Not that I'm complaining."

"I didn't have a choice," I whined. "Cana made me! I couldn't go back on a promise, mage's honor. I must admit, however, that I did end up having an... okay time..." Squealing was heard all around me, I look to see Mirajane, Lucy, and Levy fangirling together. Wait, Levy? When did she get here? I guess it's hard to hear footsteps with the screams of young women in your ears, even for a dragon slayer such as myself.

"What are we gushing over this time?" Cana asked, clearly already drunk.

"The photos from last week's photoshoot came out!" Levy cheered. "Don't you think she and Gray look great together?"

"Oh, please. Her and Natsu would totally make the cuter couple," Lucy rebutted.

"Personally, I like the idea of her and Lyon," the kind bartender shyly added.

"Well, I'm team Hibiki all the way," Cana stated. "The way her (H/C) locks perfectly fit with Hibiki's dark blonde hair. Plus, did you not read the interview? Judging by the answers, the mystery guy was totally him!"

"Way to talk about me as though I'm not standing less than a foot away from the four of you," I muttered sarcastically. No one replies, I can only assume that they've tuned me out to do whatever fangirls do together.

As I have nothing better to do, I decide to go for a walk around the beautiful Magnolia. Maybe get a better lay of the town. Wouldn't want a repeat of what happened last time. I've been walking for only about five minutes, when I am stopped by someone I've never seen before. They look to be an average civilian, I think I would have recognized a fellow mage. "Excuse me, miss?" he asked.

"Can I help you?" I replied politely.

"You're the ice princess of Fairy Tail, (Y/N) (L/N), right?" he inquired, grinning widely.

"Uh... Yes. Is there something I can help you with?" I queried.

The young man shoves the newest issue of Sorcerer Weekly in my face, and I give him an inquisitive look. "Can you sign this for me?"