Chapter 2 ©

Chapter ‘Two.

“Wesley, I don’t even know what to do with myself. Do you think I should kill myself? People at school are calling me Orphan girl and other foolishness.  My brothers now an alcoholic Rum cake Ramel.” I put my head in my hands. “My ma’s in a morgue. Ramel won’t let me contact my pops. We can’t pay are rent. What kinda life is this?” I asked him. By now tears were running down my whole face.  I turnt to Wesley who didn’t look bothered.

“Look just forget about it yeah? Your mums getting buried in a week’s time. Your brother just needs something to calm himself. But Rum cake Ramel? Yo that’s messed up.  Tell him to holler when he needs more alcohol...I’ll hook him up.”  Wesley said while smirking.

He was the reason my brother was now an alcohol freak.

I slapped him.

“Girl you bes’ come correct about your laying your filth hands on my face.” He grabbed my hands and punched me in my face before pushing me of the bed. I winced.

“Wesley...is you FO real? You punched me? I’m about to!”

“Shut it girl.”  I launched at him and grabbed his dreads, I pulled. “GET OFF ME!” I dug into his skin before pulling my Jordan’s on and leaving.

I ran 3 blocks before entering my street; I walked through the mini mansions before I reached mine. There was a presence in the house.

“Ramel!” I shouted up.

“DONT COME UP ROCKY!” He shouted down. I heard a bang and ran upstairs into his room to see him holding a bottle of vodka in his hands and a girl in-between his legs.

“MELLY! WHOS THIS CHICKENHEAD HOE IN OUR HOUSE?!” I threw all of his shoes at him

At them before running into my mother’s room.

“Mommy why? What did you do to deserve this? When I find out who murdered you, it gonna be hell.” I stated.

I went into her draw and brought out her diary. I looked through it until I found what I was looking for and dialled it into the landline phone.

***

**

*

“Midnight speaking. What it do?”  I smiled.

“Daddy...” I whispered down the phone.

“Pumpkin...how you doing baby girl?”  Pops asked.

“I’m fine daddy; can I come and live with you for a bit?” I asked.

“I don’t think your mom would like that.”

“She’s dead daddy. Dead. Ramel’s a drunkie.” I cried down the phone.

The door opened and in walked Ramel.

“Why you crying Stoney, who’s on the phone?”

“No one Ramel. And don’t call me that.” I could feel my anger rising. He knew I hated it.

“Let me speak to your brother.” My dad asked.

“Boss, micks here.”

“Is that big Mike daddy?” I asked as I heard my favourite guy from my dad’s work place.

“Yes it is baby girl.”

“Is that dad on the phone?” Ramel asked as his cheeks reddened.

“No.” I quickly said.

“It is aint it. Give me the phone now.” Ramel shouted.

“You’re older by 10 minutes not years. Get the f*ck outta here.”  I pushed him out the room. “Drunken fool.” 

“Whats wrong with your brother?”

“I don’t know daddy. So can I?” I asked once more.

“Well I’m busy right now. You know I gotta do this to get my mula up. Ima get someone to come get you.”

“Big Mike please.” With that I hung up.

My pops was the most known drug dealer in our area. My ma was his baby. He was a drug dealer on the DL. And my mum was a lawyer. But when the cops raided our house that’s was it for my ma. My dad still loves her well did.

**

“She was a great women and her daughter Rockelle would like to say something.” They all clapped as I made my way up.

“Hey everyone. I want to thank ya’ll for being here to support me and my brother. Wow, seems like ages since I’ve been here. Well some of you may think that she died of a disease but no...She was murdered. I don’t really know what to say but she was a good woman. She tried to always make me and my brother go down the right road. But now she’s gone...we don’t know what to do. We were meant to go on a trip to London to see my grandmother so that’s where we will be going to stay until we sort our lives out. Thank you.”  I nodded at them before walking off and pulling Ramel out.

**

We made our way to luggage collection.

“Ramel...”

“Yes Rocky.”

“I wanna go home.”