chapter 4

Chapter 4

“Sorry, but I don’t like friends.” I pushed them and began to walk to the bus stop. I had to make it look like I knew where I was going.

“Malakai, forget her man. She’s some stoosh chick. Let’s just leave her be.” Hayden said while kissing his teeth. I shook my head slowly.

“Hold on man, look at the Back-Off!”  Malakai shouted.

I turnt around to see Malakai shaping something out and Hayden laughing.

“Forget her we gotta go get Coury and Elisa. Let’s go man before they snake on us.” Hayden said before pulling his snapback lower. 

“Haters gon’ hate. Waiters gon’ wait. Graters gon’ grate.” I carried on singing before looking around. Where the hell am I meant to go now?

“Baby, baby just calm down. Boss Man Kai’s here to your rescue. Rapers gonna rape. Alligators gonna alligate. Malakai gonna get your digits.”

“Uhm...”  I laughed slightly “Move from me bruh...”  I pushed him and he dropped.

“Come on baby; don’t play my emotion like that.  Ay Shawty whats your name?”  Malakai said while winking.

“You have really nice eyes and all but you aint got NOTHING on my boo Trey.” I tapped him and looked at Hayden who was watching me.

“I’m better than Trey baby, now whats your name?” Malakai said. This guy was a joke.

“Rockelle...my names Rockelle.”  I stated while looking around. I was lost.

“That’s a ghetto name. My little Stoney.” He pulled my cheeks and I slapped him.

“Don’t call me that. My name aint ghetto. What the hell is Malakai?”

“We no speak no Americano” Malakai said behind me.

“...” I stayed silent.

“Rock-”

“I’m lost. Which bus takes me to Wood Green?” I asked.

“Big girls lost. Jump on the 144. I’ll go with you.”  Sarcasm clear on his voice.

“Malakai man, just like your dad always wanna be the hero. Let’s leave her man. She’ll figure it out.” Hayden said while pulling Malakai.

“Whats wrong with chu? So damn...” I stopped half way as the bus came.

“I’m what? Finish off your sentence. Gwarn. Finish it off.” Hayden pushed on the subject as we walked up the stairs.

“Ay forget the situation. Let me just drop her and we’ll go pick up the girls man.  Allow her. She’s peng.”  Malakai said.

“Nah, you started something so finish it. Gwarn finish it.” I looked at him in silence. “Mi seh Gweh!”  He shouted and I jumped.

“You’re...uhm your so uptight and stupid.” I stated.

“Hmm...”

**

“THESE ARE BEAUTIUFL! Oh my gosh, I aint know which one to get. Malakai help me out please...”   I looked at the new Jordan’s and the adidas sneakers in my hand.

“Why don’t you get these for ME and we go shoe zone and by you some flats?”

“You aint no help at all...”  I looked at Hayden who was cotched back in a chair with his snap back pulled low over his eyes. He had this presence about him. Mysterious and sexy.

“What’d your thoughts on these Sneakers huh Hayden?” I asked hoping to get a reply.

He looked up at me and then back down to his phone. “Don’t give a f*ck” With that he got up and walked out. I shook my head and looked at Malakai.

“Both it is then.”

I paid and we left.

“Do ya’ll wanna go catch a movie or su’in? I’ve got time.”

“Well we aint.” Hayden said before pulling Malakai away.

“Well see ya’ll later.”

**

  “Grandmama.” I jumped and hugged her.

“Rockelle where Ramel? I’ve got something I’d like to discuss with you two.”

I called him down and he came down.

“Nice to see you young man.”

“Whatever...” I looked at him. “Fine...Man I’m sorry. I aint mean to hurt your feelings or anything. You know what I mean?”  Grandma nodded.

“Ok well...you’ve been here for 2 weeks now and you haven’t done anything yet. School starts in two weeks and I’ve enrolled you two into the secondary school down the road.”

“No why’d you go do that for Maw maw. We going back home in a month’s time.”  Ramel said.

“Yeah maw maw. I gotta go see my pops. And school and my...” I looked at Ramel. “My friends...”

“Well sorry you aint going.”

“But we have to...”

“Whatever.” Ramel said while sucking on his teeth.

“I’ve bought you your uniform. It’s hanging in your closets upstairs. You’re dismissed.”

“Grandma...” I started.

“You aint getting no more money chile’. Leave.”

“Darn it!” I left the room.

I was checking my Facebook on laptop when a message popped up.

Midnight:

Ayo baby girl come see me tomorrow.

Rocky:

Daddy...theres a situation.

That was all I said before logging off.

How could I forget to let him know that I was leaving?

I decided to check out my twitter when I heard my ring tone.

I answered.

“What it do?”

“Rocky where you at? I came to your crib earlier on and no one answered. Then I hear from some cats from school that you moved to London. How you aint tell me that you leaving baby?”

“Wesley...”

“That’s my name. Now answer my damn question?!”

“Don’t shout at me. You know I aint like it when you do that shit,” I replied.

“Sorry sorry. Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Forgot and we weren’t exactly best friends when I left.”

“I’m sorry about putting my hands on you. Forgive me baby boo.”

“It’s Aite.” I stated.

“So when you coming back to NYC?”

“4 weeks time and don’t call me again. You wasting your units.” I hung up.

**

I finished getting changed before looking at myself in the mirror.

New country, new school, new life.