Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight.

I ran out of the house with tears running down my face. I couldn’t believe that just happened.

I loved him?

I couldn’t trust anyone again.

I jumped into the car that was waiting for me.

“You ready to go Miss?”  I nodded. My dad had everyone in Brooklyn doing what he wanted.

I put my feet on the chairs and pulled my knees to my chin.

I didn’t even know what to do right about know.

I just got raped.

I cried. That’s all I could do.

Out of every boy in Brooklyn I had to choose my brothers best friend.

Once we reached the house- only certain people that my pops trusted  knew about the house -I got out and ran up to my room.

I turnt on my laptop and deleted EVERYTHING that had to do with Wesley.

I then booked a ticket back to London one way.

I then went on the Hollister, Gucci, Chanel and other websites and decided to just spend to make myself forget about everything.

After I was done I made my way down stairs to see my dad talking on the phone. I stepped in and tapped him.

“Daddy...”

“Yes pumpkins....hold up. I want my money by tomorrow or...you gon see what imma do to you.” He hung up and turnt to me. “What were you saying?” He asked while taking a seat.

“Here...” I handed him his card. “What’d you buy?”

“Alot of things...they should be here by tomorrow. Daddy what would you do if I ever got attacked. Raped or whatever?” I asked. I wanted to make sure I could tell him without him going to kill someone.

“Oh alot. I’ll start by letting my goons’ beat him up and then I’d make them cut him up limb by limb. And then imma let the dogs attack him. Oh then petrol bomb him. Nothing major. Why’d you wanna know?” I looked at him in shock.

“I don’t want you to do anything...but I really want to go home. Something happened earlier on today. And I just can’t stay here.”

“Someone raped you?” I stayed silent.

“Forget it doesn’t matter...Uhm why did you say that to Ramel?”

“I didn’t mean it...But he pissed the f*ck out of me.”

“Well you gotta apologize to him...cos he’s hurt.”

“I will princess...What’d you wanna eat tonight darling?”

“I don’ know...food.” I said sarcastically.

“Watch it young lady.”

“Daddy...go make me food!”  I kissed his cheek and sat down. He walked out and I sat down in front of the TV and just rocked back and forth.

*

I woke up and checked the time on my phone. 5 am.

I decided to start packing my flight left at 13pm.  I packed everything I thought would be needed and snuck down. I decided to get ready. I had a quick shower and got dressed.

Blazer, stripped short dress and doc Martens.

I tiptoed down the stairs and into the kitchen to see some lady standing there in the shortest skirt I’ve ever seen and a belly top.

“Uhm who are you and why you in my crib for?” I asked while crossing my arms.

“You aint need to know.” She turned back to what she was doing.

“But I think I do since your in my house.” I stated

“I think your confused trick. This is my home.”

“Who you calling a trick? I know you aint talking to me.” I felt my head spin and sharp pains going through my stomach.

I rubbed my head before shouting.

“DAAAAAAAAAAAADDDY!”  I pulled my hair and ruffed it up abit before running up the stairs and into his room. I pulled the duvet off of him.

“Yes Pumpkin?”

“Come quickly.”

I pulled him down the stairs.

“I’m tired Rockelle. Maybe later.”

“No pops. There’s a hoe in the kitchen-”

“You mean Theresa?”

“I don’ know. All I know is she threatened me daddy. Put a knife to my neck and pulled my hair.” I lied.

“Theresa done that?”  He rushed into the kitchen and pushed ‘Theresa’ against the wall of the kitchen.

“If you ever, ever put your dirty hands on my daughter, you gon’ see what ima do to you... Get out my house”

“But...but...but you told me you loved me? And I didn’t touch her.”

“You touched my feelings.” I said looking innocent.

“Yeah I said I loved you...certain parts of you. Now vamos.” I laughed slyly.

“You okay?”

“Yeah daddy...Are you going to work?” I sat down and crossed my arms this is when everything falls into plan.

“Yeah...just for a little while though.” He rubbed his face.

“Don’t kill anyone. Oh and can I go and see my friend today and maybe stay over?” I lied.

“Cool. Do you need a lift?”  He asked while eating some French toast.

“NO! I mean...Yeah I do. But you know busy and all so maybe one of your ‘goons’ can take me.” I said while scratched my arm.

My dad just watched me carefully. Did he know that I was lying?

“Pops...” I whispered.

“When you getting those ugly ass braces out?”

“2 months...so can Big Mike take me or something?”

“Course...ima holla at you later. Make sure you have your phone on.” I nodded and kissed his cheek.

“Love you daddy...I’ll miss you.”

“Your only gon for one day...”

“Yeah...never mind.”

I saw him out just as the delivery guy came. I signed the sheet before bringing my things back in to the house.

I brought my things downstairs and packed everything inside. I left most of my things back in London.

I brought out my phone and dialled Big Mikes number.

..

.

.

“Ayo, what it do?”

“MIKEY!”

“ROCKY. What it do baby girl?”

“Nu’in much. Could you come pick me up?”

“Yeah ima be there in a few.”

**

I ran up the stairs of the old house and straight into my ma’s bedroom.

I picked up her perfumes and just lay on her bed.

“Mommy why? I promised you I’d find your murderer and I failed you. But I aint gonna quit.” I stated before walking into her wardrobe and picking up her favourite blazer. I walked out with it in my hands as well as photo albums.

I got back into the car and smiled at Big Mike. 

“You ready to go home princess?” Big Mike said while turning the ignition back on.

“About that...I aint going back.”