Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Hot tears rolled down my cheeks. Who would have thought it would be him? I stepped backwards in fear of what he would or could do to me.

"Stoney..." He murmured.

"Don't call me that" I said through gritted teeth.

I watched his movement and our eyes never left each other.

"What it do Khalil?" He asked.

"Nothing much, Mike" 

"Mikey why? You've always been my second dad, my big mike. You've always been there for me and Ramel. Why would you kill our ma?" I said as my make up ran. I felt my legs quiver and quake beneath me. I dropped down onto the ground. 

"You alright Rocky?" I shook my head as the pain became stronger.

"I don't know what's happening..."My eyes grew as Big Mike neared us. "Don't!" I said as I pulled myself up with the help of Khalil. 

I looked at Big Mike.

"Ima go tell pops" I said as I turned around making my way to the car.

"No, wait let me explain."

I looked at Khalil and he nodded.

"Go ahead" I said as we made our way to a park bench.

"Aite...well you know your dad is like my brother. He always has and always will love your mom. But she had eyes for someone else. Me. I had always liked your ma and both of us knew that. Even your pops knew. One thing led to another, and we were having an affair. You know your parents never went through with the divorce. So they were still legally married so it was an affair. Your ma found out she was pregnant and it was mine. I didn't want it a neither did she. Abortion weren't an option. Your ma then found out she had a lump-cancer. If your pops found out about the affair he would kill us both. She then found out that the cancer had spread beyond repair. She was going to die anyways. She asked me to...Do the honour. I didn't want to but it was either I done it or she did." I just stared. My ma and big mike. 

"Uhm Rockelle, you had a little accident." I looked down just as a striking pain went through my lower abdomen.

"My waters broken" I screamed.

*

I was placed in a wheelchair and rushed to the maternity ward with me gripping on to the handle bars as if my life depended on it. 

"Khalil...call Tristan. C-call my pops. Call someone!" I screamed as I grabbed his hands. 

"Owww! I already have. They should be here any minute now." I nodded and they lead me into a private room.

"Miss Quinns, I know this isn't the right time to ask you this. But could you put this on?" They handed me a hospital gown and I put it on quickly before placing myself on the bed.

"Argh! Get this baby out now!" I screamed.

"Its okay. Just breathe" Big mike said.

"Breathe. Breathe!" I shouted while looking at my hands. "Breathe? Don't tell me to breathe. Khalil get him out before I...ARGH!" I threw the first thing I could find and it just about missed him. 

"Uhm Mike, I think you should wait outside. Please?" Khalil said as he escorted him out. I mouthed a thank you before sitting on the edge of the bed. I turned to the door as my midwife walked in followed by Tristan and Malakai.

"What are you doing here?" I asked through gritted teeth directing it towards. 

"I'm here to see you give birth to my child." Malakai said while sitting down watching me. 

"Why are you watching me? And now it’s your child? Huh? 9 MONTHS! And now it’s your child? Get out of here." I said. "Tristan,”. I said as a striking pain went through me. I screamed out in pain. 

I watched as he rushed to my side.

"Just breathe okay? Do what they told you to do with Asten’s birth. Aite?" He said while kissing my forehead and hugged me. I nodded in agreement and turned to the midwife who checked me over.

"Your nearly there okay?" She said before squeezing my hand. I nodded.

"Help me up." I said as Khalil helped me up. I walked around the room breathing heavily.

"Are you okay?" Khalil asked I just nodded. This was harder than both Emelia and Asten’s Birth.

"I'm going to kill you when this is over." I said pointing at Tristan.

"Why would you wanna do that?" Tristan asked.

"Because this is your baby.." I stated

"Are you sure about that?" Tristan asked while turning away. I turned to Malakai who was just laughing.

I rang the bell and the midwife walked back in. 

"Its getting worse. Could you give me something? Epidural maybe?" She nodded and I bent over so she could give it to me.

"Rockelle I think you’re ready now." I nodded and braced myself.

"When we say push, push okay?" The doctor that had just walked in said. I put my hand out and both Malakai and Tristan rushed to my side. I watched in shock as they fought over my arm. I looked at Khalil who shook his head. He barged through and grabbed my hand. 

"Let a man, handle this" I grabbed his hand and squeezed. "Ay, loosen up your grip g!" He screeched. I smiled and waited.

"You ready?" I nodded

"PUSH!" I pushed as hard as I could.

"Keep going." They encouraged. I carried on. 

I heard a thump and turned to see Tristan lying on the floor.

"He looked didn't he" I said through hurried breaths. They nodded. "Someone wake him." I said.

I kept pushing until I heard a cry. I knew I was nearly there. 

That's when I heard my baby cry.

"You have a beautiful baby girl." I couldn't help but cry.

"Does the father want to cut the umbilical cord?" She asked. I looked at Tristan and he smiled before taking the scissors and cutting the cord. They smiled at us before picking up my daughter and walking out. I smiled.

"Khalil pass my phone please." I said. He nodded and handed it to me. I dialled in the number and called.

"Hello?"

"Ramel?"

"Rocky? How are you?" He asked.

"I'm in pain. But I just wanted to call and let you know that you have a niece."

"A niece! Aww congratulations sis. I know she's beautiful. A little beau. Its 3 in the morning so send a picture and I'll talk later." I nodded like he could see me and hung up. They brought my baby girl back in and handed her to me. 

"Oh my gosh! Stoney she's beautiful." Malakai said. When was the last time he called me Stoney?

I nodded. 

"Trust bare beau.”Khalil said.

"That's exactly what Ramel said. Beau that's French for beautiful right?" They nodded.

"What are you going to name her?" The midwife asked. I looked at Tristan.

"Narayah-Beau?" Tristan said.

"Narayah-Beau." She griped onto my finger. I guessed she like it.

I nodded.

"What is it with yous and double barrel names? First Emelia-Rosé, then Asten-John and now Narayah-Beau" he shook his head. 

"It’s unique." I looked at Tristan.

"I'm sorry. For everything." I nodded and he leant in before kissing me. I felt him slip something onto my finger. 

I looked down and back up to see him smiling.

"Welcome to the world Narayah-Beau."