Spoons

I snapped my eyes open, and I took a shuddering breath. I hated when that happened. I only had two visions once before, about a year ago. I breathed calmly and deeply, slowing down my racing heart. Azog was no longer hunting us. I wasn't sure what to tell Thorin, or Gandalf, and if I even should tell them. All I knew was something was coming.

Death will come to all. That's what the necromancer had said. But when? Why? Just because the visions happened, didn't mean I knew anything else. I sighed, unsure what to make of it, and instead decided to think of anything else. It was still well into night, probably only about one in the morning.

I looked outside the window we were near. The moon was just over a half moon, letting a fair amount of light seep in. I glanced down at the ring on my finger, bathed in the white light. It was still in good shape, despite everything we'd been through. The green gem shone softly with a white undertone of the moon in the faces of the gem. The triangles weaved together, ovals in between them.

My eyes travelled over to Kili, who still slept soundly. His mouth was open slightly, and he breathed softly and deeply. I smiled. I pressed a soft kiss on his cheek.

When I woke up, his eyes were the first ones I saw. They shone in worry, and then he smiled, his white teeth brilliant. He wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his face in my shoulder. "Iridian! By Mahal's beard, I thought I had lost you!" He whispered. Dwalin was the next one to come up to me, embracing me. He gently headbutted me.

"Dia. I'm glad to see you're alright. I have to admit, you worried me a little." I rolled my eyes, knowing he was more than a little. Fili engulfed me in a hug. Thorin placed his hand on my shoulder for a moment. Everyone else cheered upon my recovery, and Gandalf looked relieved, as did Bilbo. Even Thorin came over to pay my shoulder fondly, a look of fondness passing over his features.

"Good to see you well again. We will move as soon as you're ready." Thorin said.

We got on the road fairly quickly, being as I recovered quickly, and it was out of necessity. My arm twinged from time to time, but it was recovering well under Gandalf and Oin's watch. As we walked, I approached Kili. "Hey... What was it you said before I fell unconscious? I couldn't really hear it right."

"I just said I'd see you soon."

"You said something else... but I didn't hear much about it." I continued.

"No. Nothing else."

"Kili. I know what you said. I just wanted to see if it was right. It was apparently by your skirting around the subject." He turned a bright red, rubbing the back of his neck, laughing nervously. He sighed, the laughter gone.

"I understand if you do not feel the same way, in fact I am almost positive you do not, being as Fili seems more logical to choose. I've made so many mistakes, and I'm not my brother, who everyone prefers." I shook my head at him, laughing. He looked hurt for a moment. "It's not funny."

"It is funny, Kili. You think I love Fili?"

"Well considering you went to him after how I treated you in Rivendell. You grabbed his hand once when he stood up to keep the others from crowding you. I watched him hug you after you went into the forest a month in. He's next in line for king, something everyone would prefer to a lowly prince. Also, he has a beard. And nobody wants a beardless dwarf." I continued to laugh lightly, he really did care if he remembered all of this.

"Kili. Both of those times, we were talking about you. Fili is a brother to me, if anything. I do not love Fili. Besides... beards aren't really my thing." I said slyly. I took his face in my hands, meeting his eyes. His stubble was rough. But it was not weird. In fact, I wanted get used to it.