I Do

*Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't been updating regularly. I'm working on other projects a ton, including a Ranger's Apprentice, Harry Potter, The Last Airbender, and a Newt Scamander project. So stay tuned for more! There's only a few more parts of this particular story! Thanks so much!*

I faced the full length mirror, looking at the last preparations of my wedding dress. I couldn't believe this was happening. I was so nervous, but I had no idea why. Typical bride jitters I suppose. I wasn't nervous about marrying Kili, no, not at all. I was nervous about looking like a fool or something. My silver ring was on my finger, the symbol of Durin showing. Bilbo had the other rings we had made for one another. Mine contained more intricate designs of branches and leaves, with a line of four cat's eye jewels on the front side.

I was wearing a white dress, a silver design across the torso in the shape of intertwining vines. It narrowed down the bodice, and branching out over the top. My shoulders were bare, three quarter sleeves, trailing down to my knees. There was silver blended into the bottom, and designs on the base. The train was small, only about eight inches. It was an extremely open back. I had left my hair down straight as the arrows I shot, no braids except for the courting one. There was a sash tied in a light knot rested my hips. The collar stooped below my collarbones, resting just above my bust.

I had declined makeup, settling for something to make my lips shimmer instead. They had painted my nails in a silver. Barefoot sandals, with leaves and vines trailing up to my calf adorned my feet. There were beads tangled into my straightened hair. Beads of sapphires, onyxes, emeralds, and amethysts. The last thing that was being put on, was my crown, which I had changed. It had an antler look to it, winding around the front of my head.

There were small chains hanging off, gems the shape of teardrops glittering on them. They were the same beads that were in my hair. Down the center, resting in the center of my forehead, between my eyebrows, was a diamond in the shape of a teardrop. It was suspended by an invisible chain, making it look like it was floating between my eyes. There were white and red carnations and white and red calla lilies in a bouquet.

"You look so beautiful, Iridian." Dis said, a beam upon her face. I look a shaking breath.

"Thank you." I said breathlessly. "Are you sure I look okay?" I looked toward her, seeing brown eyes shining in happiness.

"Absolutely." She affirmed. "Now, we must get moving. I'll see you in there." She said, hugging me gently. She walked from the room, and I followed her into the hallway before the room where I would be married. I paused just before the door, letting Dis walk in. I paced gently, waiting for Dwalin. I turned, about to start again, when I saw Dwain in his best tunic. His beard was groomed, and his eyes were softened.

"Iridian. My little Dia. You look gorgeous. I cannot believe I'd ever see this day. You've truly grown up. I'm honored to give you away."

"There's no one I'd rather have give me away than you." I answered honestly. He held his arms out, and I stepped into them. He wrapped his arms around me gently, and I was calmed by the scent. "I'm nervous. The Battle of the Five Armies is starting to be cake. That's in my blood, fighting, not this."

"Don't be. You'll be brilliant, like you always have been." I looked into his eyes, and I felt like a was a little girl again. Then again, I was a little girl only about two years ago. 

"Is it to late to turn back to the Blue Mountains?" I teased.

"Much to late." He responded easily. He touched my cheek gently. It was the final gesture I needed to truly calm down. There must have been something in my eyes, for a moment later, Dwalin spoke. "I suppose it's time to go in. Ready?" I took a breath, before nodding. He held out his arm, and I set my hand in the crook of his elbow. He looked down at me, even though I would always be taller. "I love you, nathith." He said.