Erebor Look At Me Now

*Hey guys. In this chapter, Iridian does talk about what happened. If you don't want to read, don't. I'm sorry for what happened in the last chapter. Don't hate me. I also apologize that this might be boring. Anyway, please continue reading, voting, commenting and sharing. I also changed some of the lyrics to Babel, but it seemed like something Dia would sing. Again, thanks so much for sticking around. Ciao.*

It was quite a sight. There was music and dancing. The dwarves were drinking, eating, and being merry. My mood lightened quickly, and my smile widened. The musicians were playing a bright, upbeat tune. I pulled the boys toward the floor. My feet moved to the rhythm of the beat, my body swaying to the melody over the top.

"'Cause I know that time has numbered my days. And I'll go along with everything you say. But I'll ride home laughing, 'look at me now.' The walls of my town, they come crumbling down. And my ears hear the call of my unborn sons. And I know their choices color all I've done. But I'll explain it all to the watchman's son, I ain't ever lived a year better spent in love." I smirked at Kili, who smiled back. The music slowed, and I slowed my song and my movements.

"'Cause I'll know my weakness, know my voice. And I'll believe in grace and choice. And I know perhaps my heart is fast, but I'll be born without a mask. Whoo!" I said as the music picked up once again. "Like the city that nurtured my greed and my pride, I stretched my arms into the sky." I put my hands out, staring at the wooden beams. "I cry 'Erebor! Erebor! Look at me now!' Then the walls of my town, they come crumbling down!" By now those who were playing seemed to have picked up on my singing, but kept playing.

I pick up the intensity of my voice, changing the tune a little. The music went on though, feeling like I was yelling at something. "You ask where will we stand in the winds that will howl, as all we see will slip into the clouds! So come down from your mountain and stand where we've been, you know our breath is weak and our body thin!" Again it slowed down, moving to something of a bridge. I slowed my movements again, only swishing my hips a little. I softened my voice, going to Kili. 

"Press my nose up, to the glass around your heart; I should've known I was weaker from the start. You'll build your walls and I will play my bloody part to tear, tear them down." I pressed my hand over his heart at the right time, then dropping it, backing away slowly.

The music started picking up again, as did the intensity of my voice once again. I looked to the ceiling, singing almost at the top of my lungs."Well I'm gonna tear, tear them down!" I continued singing with feeling. " 'Cause I know my weakness, know my voice, and I'll believe in grace and choice. And I know perhaps my heart is fast, but I'll be born without a mask." I moved my body again as the music finished. My breath was a little heavy, the smile wide on my face.

Fili and Kili looked quite shocked. Their eyes were wide, and their jaws slack. I laughed. "What?" I said. The music started in a just as joyous tune, and more had some swing. My body naturally found the rhythm, and I swayed along gracefully. The brothers smirked.

"That was brilliant. You found the music. It was like you were part of it. Did you learn that song?" Kili said.

"No. I made it up as I went." I said, feeling at peace for once.

"That's impressive. I agree with Kili. You're really quite good at dancing. You really embraced it." Fili said.

"Music's part of me. I find the rhythm, and it just flows, and comes out. It's- it's liberating. I feel so alive when I sing. I don't dance often but I like it. But it helps me feel the music more." The music picked up again and I stomped my feet. While it didn't make much sound, I still felt it in my chest. They continued to watch me. "Dance!" I said, grabbing Kili's hands. I pulled him forward, doing something of a partner dance.