|On a Break|

*Inspired by the TV show F.R.I.E.N.D.S*

"Y/N, please talk to me!" Stiles begs as he follows his girlfriend through her front door, grunting when the door practically slams in his face.

"Talk to you? Talk to you?! I don't even want to look at you right now, you asshole!" The girl snaps, grabbing a pillow from the back of the sofa and tossing it in his direction. Stiles catches it and groans, tossing it to the side.

"Look, please, just hear me out--"

"Hear you out?! There is nothing to hear out! You slept with Lydia, Stiles!" Yes, that's right. Stiles, the awkward but sarcastic lacrosse player who speaks fluent sarcasm and trips over his own two feet cheated on her. Her Stiles was wrapped in another girl's arms, and that kills her to no end.

"Y/N, I was completely wasted! It was nothing, it meant nothing!" The girl scoffs, glaring at him.

"And yet is was worth putting us at stake!" She shouts, hurling another pillow at him.

"Hey, I didn't mean for this to happen, okay?! I thought I lost you, I didn't know what to do!" He exclaims.

"So you had sex with someone else?! That was your brilliant solution?!" She snaps.

"You think that was the intent?! I went over to talk to her, Y/N, and God, before I knew it--" He groans loudly, gripping at his hair. The girl scoffs.

"You know what, just leave, okay? Just get the hell out!" She snaps, swinging the door open from where she stood.

"No, no, Y/N, please, I want to talk about it! We can't just leave it at that!"

"What's your point?! You did! You left it at that last night! I tried to fight for us and you bailed!"

"And now you want to do the same thing?!"

"Well, considering I want to smother you at the moment, I'm not exactly against it!" She laughs bitterly, slamming the door shut again and gripping at her own hair. "Oh my God, and to hear about it from Theo?! Really?!"

"Like I wanted him to tell you?! I ran all over the freaking place trying to make sure that didn't happen!" He says, tears swimming in his hazel hues.

"Oh, well how freaking romantic of you, Stilinski! You know, if you love me so freaking much, why the hell did you leave in the first place?! How come you want to work it out so bad now when you could have last night?!"

"That's just it, Y/N, after last night, I thought we were over!"

"Let me get this straight, we "break up" and only hours later you're getting wasted and hopping in bed with Lydia?! No, no, not Lydia--my best friend!" She sobs out, not even realizing she's crying until she hears how raspy and watery her voice is. Stiles sighs softly and shakes his head slowly, tears of his own slipping from his eyes.

"Y/N..." He slowly reaches out for her, his fingers barely brushing her cheek before her palm is connected with his cheek.

"No! Don't touch me, don't freaking touch me! You lied, you freaking lied! I don't care how wasted you were, or if you thought we were broken up, you don't just do that! 4 hours, Stiles! Bullets have left guns slower than that!" She's hysterical now, pacing back and forth in her own little bubble as she sobs out words, clutching at the locket hooked around her neck, the one Stiles gave her on their 2 year anniversary, the one she thought meant they were something special. But right now, she wasn't so sure.

"Y/N, breathe.." Stiles says slowly, trying to reach out to her again only to have her swat his hand away.

"I don't even believe this! I can't believe you! You son of a bitch!" She sobs, her fists pounding his chest repeatedly. "I hate you! I hate you, I hate you--" She continues until her sobbing takes over and he catches her in his arms, sinking to the floor  as she huddles herself into a ball, crying into his shirt. She feels so weak. He cheated on her and yet here she is, crying into him and actually taking comfort in his arms. She's so confused. She hates him, yet she longs for him; she wants to punch him, yet she wants his touch; she tells him to get away from her, and yet she needs him more than she needs air.

"Shh...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry, I'm sorry.." Stiles repeats softly into her ear, squeezing his own eyes shut as he cradles her head against him and rocks her slowly back and forth. Y/N continues to hiccup out sobs as she clings to him, gripping his shirt in her fists.

"You suck, you totally suck, Stilinski..." She whimpers, gasping out a breath. "How do you freaking do this?" His brow furrows and he looks down at her.

"What, baby?" Baby. This causes another soft sob to escape her mouth and she gives a weak hit to his chest with her shaky hand, gasping out a breath.

"You cheat on me and yet I still don't hate you...I-I don't hate you at all, I love your stupid face.." She says shakily. "I should hate you.." This of course tears at Stiles' heart, but he doesn't respond. He simply presses his lips against the top of her head.

"I'm sorry.." He whispers again, letting a few tears drip into her hair. "I'm glad you don't hate me, though..." He laughs sadly. She snorts, rubbing at her eyes.

"I'm still mad at you.." She whispers, but while her mouth says one thing, her body says another as she pulls him closer to her.

"Fair, very fair." He nods, gladly hugging her tighter. "Y/N?"

"What?"

"You still love me, right?"

She stops, her brow furrowing. She didn't know how to answer. How could she just let this go?

"Yes." She whispers.

"Good. Because I love you...so much..."

She doesn't respond, instead tugging herself from his arms and making her way to her feet, scrubbing a hand over her face.

"I'm gonna go get a shower...we can talk over dinner. My parents are working late." She says simply before walking upstairs, arms wrapped around herself as she walks into her bathroom and shuts the door behind her with a click! of the lock. Stiles sits on the floor, tears still falling from his eyes. He knows he can't fix this over night. He knows that.

But he'll be damned if he's gonna give up on that girl.