|Unexpected|

"Hey, Ali?" Y/N says, looking up at Allison from her notebook, her teeth digging softly into her pink bottom lip. The brunette looks up, raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah?" She says, tipping her head.

"Has Stiles seemed...different lately? I mean like, have you noticed him acting kind of weird?" She asks, fiddling with her pencil in between her fingers. Allison bit her own lip, giving the girl a soft look.

"You noticed too?" She murmurs, tipping her head to the side.

"Noticed what?" Lydia asks as she walks over, raising her eyebrows.

"Stiles acting different." Y/N answers, placing her chin in her palm. The strawberry blonde nods, popping a piece of gum into her mouth.

"Absolutely. He's not as...oh, what's the word I'm looking for...?"

"Energetic?" Allison offers.

"Hyperactive, maybe?" Y/N shrugs.

"Both good, but I was gonna go with insane." Lydia says, earning a look from both girls. "In the best way, of course!" She says in defense. "But back to the point. He's definitely seemed a lot more distant lately." She says, tipping her head to the side. Y/N nods in agreement.

"Definitely. I tried to talk to him, but he wouldn't tell me anything." She sighs softly.

"Maybe he just needs a little time to himself," Ali says, leaning her head on her best friend's shoulder. Y/N shrugs, leaning her head on the brunette's.

"You're probably right. I hope you're right."

"Hey, ladies." The trio looks up when they hear the familiar voice, seeing no other than Scott and Stiles taking a seat beside them. Scott gives Allison a soft kiss before taking a seat beside her, and Stiles slips into the seat beside Y/N.

"Well hello," She smiles softly, slipping her hand into his. He offers her a small smile, rubbing his thumb tenderly over her knuckle.

"Hey," He murmurs, pressing his lips softly to hers. "How are you?"

"Bored like hell." She chuckles, brushing her soft hair from her eyes. He smiles, bringing her knuckle to his lips and brushing them softly against it.

"How does a walk sound?" He offers, raising his eyebrows. She shrugs, nodding.

"Sounds great. Hey," She says, turning towards their other three friends. "Stiles and I are going out for a while, we'll be back by lunch." Lydia smirks, nodding.

"Use protection." She teases.

"Oh, shut it." Y/N laughs, flicking a gum wrapper in her direction before rising beside her boyfriend.

"See you, guys." Allison smiles as the duo gather their things and head out the library hand in hand. They walk the vacant hallways for a while, talking about this and that before coming to the lacrosse field and taking a seat on the bleachers. Y/N looks over at her boyfriend as he softly plays with her fingers, refusing to meet her eye.

"What is it?" She asks, slipping her fingers through his. He looks over at her, sighing softly and hugging their hands to his chest.

"Remember...Remember a couple weeks ago when I went in for that MRI?" He asks softly, rubbing the back of her hand. Her heart sinks into her shoes and she turns a bit to look at him, her brow furrowed.

"Yeah..." She says hesitantly, gripping his hand a little tighter. He takes a deep, shaky breath, biting his bottom lip softly.

"When...When they were looking, they found something weird going on in my blood stream. So, they ran a cat scan..." He doesn't have to say anything else for her to know what he's trying to say, but he does anyway. "It's leukemia." Her heart is pounding against her ribcage now, so hard she's surprised it's not flying from her chest.

"Oh my God..." She says through a sad laugh, closing her eyes as tears begin to well up in them.

"Y/N, I-I..." Stiles takes a shaky breath, his own eyes filled with tears. "I-I'm so scared..." The girl looks up at him, biting back more tears as she pulls him into her arms, burying her face into his shoulder. He presses his face into her neck, letting out a shaking breath as he holds her close.

"This is so unfair..." She whispers, letting out a gasping sob. He tugs her closer, squeezing her as tight as he can manage. They don't talk after that. They simply sit in each other's embrace, crying into each other in despair. "Hey, listen..." Y/N whispers after a while, inhaling shakily as she pulls back to look at him. "W-We are gonna do everything we can for this, okay? We can fight this..." She says, wiping a fresh tear from his eye. Stiles nods, smiling weakly.

"Thank you..." He whispers, kissing her softly. She gently rubs her hands up and down his back as they kiss, slowly pulling away after a minute.

"You're not in pain, right?" She whispers. He shakes his head.

"No," He says, smiling gently. "I'm good. I got you, don't I?" He hums. She smiles and nods, resting her forehead on his and rubbing her hand up and down the back of his neck.

"Always."

*A/N~ Whale. I'm sobbing, IDK about ya'll. xD SORRY IF I MADE YOU CRY, I've been watching waaaaaay too much TFIOS. xD Love you guys!! -Hayden