(6) Au Naturel

Nick had many things in the past that he'd preferred stayed in the past.

A LOT of things- like being a con- artist for example.

Probably all the bad choices he had made in life. And if you think about it- that's a lot of stuff.

Although he wishes to forget this "terrible and unforgivable past", as he likes to call it, his friend Judy had other ideas.

She claimed "it made him who he is". Nick then pointed out that it was technically an old version of himself that was more stupid than he had expected.

And no, Judy couldn't argue with that. So, like a good friend should, she helped him go through his apartment to throw away stuff that would "bring the bugs crawling back".

And there were mountains of stuff, things that ranged from rigged card decks to the giant wooden "pawpsicles stand" he used with his buddy Finnick.

Heck! Even the elephant costume was here!

Of course Nick at first was reluctant to let Judy help with anything, the fear of her finding something embarrassing- which he probably forgot about- lingered around the room like a bad aroma.

But, being the stubborn bunny that she was, she persisted and Nick eventually gave in.

The two were currently cleaning out a worn down cardboard box which Nick had luckily named "Stuff that I should probably never let anyone see ever again because I'd die of embarrassment"

Of course, even the smallest animals like Judy had a thing called curiosity which picked after her, telling her she would like what's inside.

So Nick reluctantly agreed to clean that box out first.

To Judy's disappointment, none of the items she found were "blackmailable" for when she need Nick to really focus.

She never said that though. They were getting to the bottom of the box by now however, throwing away a lot of items- mainly photo albums of Nick's family much to Judy's displeasure.

"Why not give them back to your family?" She suggested. Nick had only waved a paw off.

"They'd just chuck em out." He insisted to Judy who was shocked with horror. What family would do such a thing?!

"But why? These photos are precious memories of-"

"Nothing." Nick said flatly. Judy opened her mouth to speak but was cut off once more. "I... Failed then greatly. Most of my life I wasted on being a con artists... I blew their money on unless stuff... I'm a reminder of a failure."

Judy went quiet. "But look where you are now! If it weren't for your con artist reputation, We wouldn't have had all these connections and helped me crack the missing mammals case- which wouldn't have been started if I didn't have a lead which was your pawpsicles may I add." Judy insisted.

"Well... They don't technically know that." Nick shrugged. "Besides, I don't speak with them much."

"You should! You have no idea how many children wish to have at least a mom... You have both Nick- you should spend more time with them." Judy insisted.

"Well, what about you?" Nick pointed out.

"What about me?" Judy asked confused.