(8) Purple

3rd person P.O.V

If Nick had to point out his favourite feature, it would be Judy's eyes.

As well as them being so big that they held all curiosity of the universe, they were a supernatural shade of purple.

Nick had always wanted to know more about them. Why they shined, why did he melt when he saw them or why they were purple in general?

Judy didn't really like them. She always found them to obvious or found that they always stood out.

Purple wasn't a normal eye colour.

But Nick loved them, the passion they were filled with and the sparkly reflection they obtained.

They were so unique that no other animal had them in all of Zootopia, Nick would have noticed if there was.

But Judy hated them. She called them a "genetic disorder" that should be corrected.

She always thought that if she hated them, surely Nick thought they were weird.

Nick had always spoken about getting contact lenses to hide the natural eye colour. He explained that it was a "fun dress up for eyes".

Judy honestly wanted a pair of them, brown ones, like her parents.

So the first chance she got, she bought a pair. Admittedly, they didn't really help with her sight, she had all the carrot she wanted to help her with that.

They were just chocolate brown, and very expensive much to Judy's displeasure.

Either way, she practised placing them in and admiring herself in the mirror. No longer did she have the "freaky purple eyes".

And yet she felt something off about her. Nick had called her later on during the day to ask her to go to a cafe with him.

Perhaps she was worried about Nick's first impression? Ignoring the crazy feeling she still felt, she left the apartment for the destined cafe Nick had suggested.

Judy had quickly noticed that no animal was staring at her now for there was nothing to stare at.

She turned around a corner and spotted Nick sitting down at a table.

Quickly, she hopped over and covered his eyes with her paws. "Quick! Guess who!" She exclaimed in a sing song voice.

"Hey Carrots!" Nick exclaimed as Judy removed her paws nervously.

The first thing Nick expected to see and find missing was the purple accents and shades.

He blinked quickly in shock before speaking. "Carrots... Are you wearing contacts?" He asked.

Judy nodded her head viciously. "I know! I bought a pair after you mentioned that they kinda changed the colour of your eyes! You should have said they were expensive though!" She joked, nudging him.

"Why would you change the colour of your eyes?" Nick asked.

Judy smiled lightly. "Does it look bad?" She worried.

"Nah, brown is a nice colour but in all honesty... It looks a little..." Nick droned out.

"A little?" Judy persisted him to continue, playing with around her paws.