(16) Restored

A/N

Hello!!! First, welcome to my one shot book! This is the first actual A/N ever so why not greet you?!

I'm basing this one shot off the deleted scene "the taming party" enjoy!

3rd person P.O.V

Nick grinned as he felt the ropes break free. "Quick, pass me that knife I can cut the ropes-" Nick snickered as his bindings gave way.

"Sorry Carrots, your on your own." Judy only glared. "Hey," nick began, "it's your fault we tripped and got tangled into this, your job to get yourself out."

As he began to walk away, Nick caught his tail on the opposite end of the rope, dragging poor Judy along.

"What that- gah!" The fox exclaimed when Judy call out, footsteps could be heard.

"Quick, hide!" Judy called.

"Where?!" Nick exclaimed.

"I don't know it's to dark!!!" Nick rolled his eyes as he spotted a table bearing food on top of it.

Without thinking, he dashed under neath it, still dragging poor Judy by the tail. "Untie me Nick!!" She called out in demand as voices of children filled the room.

The light flickered on as the two stayed silent, not daring to breath. "Under a table?!" Judy fumed, "really?!"

"It was the best thing..." Nick pointed out, freeing Judy in the process of untangling himself. The two waited and peeked under the table cloth, eyeing a giant polar bear on a stage.

"I doubt this guy is behind your case." Nick pointed out.

"And how do you know?" Judy asked. Nick pointed to the collar around his neck. She looked at the polar bear before frowning. "Oh... Yeah, we already agreed the culprit wouldn't have a collar..."

Judy continued to watch as the polar bear waited, finally, a younger cub burst into the room, excited to see all his friends.

"What's going on? A birthday?" Judy asked.

"Kinda." Nick said, grasping Judy's paw before pulling her along. "Let's keep moving, we can sneak out now while everyone is paying attention to them." The two crawled out from under the table and scampered underneath chairs, catching glimpses of the polar bears.

"With this collar, Zootopia welcomes you." The older one said.

Judy froze and turned her way towards them, the room was silent and the only mammal who wasn't smiling was the supposed father.

"Is... Is this what I think it is?" Judy asked in a hushed tone.

"Keep moving, we have to escape!" Nick seemed to not hear her. He tried pushing her to move but sighed in annoyance when she wouldn't budge.

"With this collar, Zootopia welcomes me." The cub repeated.

"It's... It's a taming ceremony..." Judy gasped. "So this is what happens..." Nick looked at her in curiosity.

"You've never been to one?" He asked. The bunny cop shook her head.

The two polar bears exchanged words before the father beckoned another polar bear to bring a box.

Inside was a collar, the exact same as all other predators, it's light deactivated.

Judy watched carefully as the father slowly clipped the collar onto his son.

"What's wrong daddy?" The bear cub asked, recognising the pained look on his father.

The father took a while to respond. "Nothing, I'm just... So happy for you." Judy's eyes widened as the cub obliviously showed the entire party his new collar, proud to be just like his father.

Music and balloons were released as well as the cheers of the Cub's friends, the green light activating the collar.

Nick couldn't bear it anymore, he scooped Judy up and dashed towards the exit but not before Judy and him saw the collar turn to a shade of yellow as the polar bear grew excited.

The two froze as the cub was shocked when the collar turned red, causing the cub to frown.

Judy gasped and turned to Nick who stared emptily at the child. "N-nick?" Judy asked. Nick swallowed.

No answer was given when she noted the green light turn yellow. What was Nick thinking to cause him to be distressed? Obviously something about the collars...

"Let's go." His voice was dry and empty, causing Judy to nod and follow him out the door.

The light on Nick's collar stayed yellow, flashing red and shocking him every so often, none to which he reacted to.

"Nick?" Judy asked softly as the two walked into the cold air. She placed a paw hesitantly on his shoulder, sighing. "I didn't know they shocked you when emotions peak above average... I thought only if you went savage..." Nick's collar gave off another shock, to which Judy felt, causing her to jerk away.

"Ow!" She yelped, staring in bewilderment at her friend who didn't seem fazed by the zap. "How can that not hurt you?... Nick?"

Judy could hear the collar zap repeatedly, causing Nick to shake. And suddenly, loud sniffles were heard, catching the bunny off guard.

With every tear, the collar shocked him again, making Judy cringe. She squeezed Nick into a hug, enduring the shocks as well.

"If you must deal with it then so shall I." She cringed as she felt powerful jolts, bigger than what would be meant for a bunny.

That's when two firm paws pushed her away. "S-stop, your hurting yourself." Nick stammered, wiping his eyes before walking down the street.

Judy stared at his figure, walking away from her until he turned around. "Let's go Carrots." He called.

Judy hopped towards him, continuing the long walk back to Savanna Central. "I promise," she stated, "once this is all done, I'll make sure not another predator has to wear a collar again." She said firmly.

"I doubt that a law for such thing could change." Nick said. Judy frowned.

"Then I at least promise that you'll be the first one without one." He turned to look down at Judy before smiling to himself.

"You know, up until now, I never really had faith that things would change... But you Judy," Judy beamed when he acknowledged her by her first name, "you may not have restored peace to Zootopia yet... But you've restored my faith."

"Well, I'm glad I made a difference to someone..." Judy smiled. Nick spoke up once more.

"Tell anyone I cried and that will be the last time I hang with you." Judy grinned.

"Ah well we wouldn't want that now would we?" She hummed, the red light on Nick's collar had noticeably changed back to green, causing Judy to smile in secrecy.

The two laughed as they continued to walk, Zootopia still a mess but Nick's faith restored.