(19) Bonnie, Stu and a Fox

3rd person P.O.V

Stu and Bonnie were protective parents. That's how most bunnies come packaged.

Small, fit, easy to escape and mainly cowardly.

The outside world was more of a death trap than a city in Stu's opinion and while the whole point of Zootopia was nice, Bonnie tried her best to not imply the bunny stereo type.

But of course there was those moments that couldn't be helped, like shopping.

And shopping was usually very stressful, each baby bunny needs new clothes and accessories so traveling with at least 50 of them isn't the best.

But the couple managed, having done so miraculously the year before with their first litter.

They were in the process of pushing what looked like fifty prams, strewn together to form one conga line of baby bunnies.

So you can't blame them for not seeing the next fifty meters in front of them.

Of course, most animals in Zootopia had the courtesy to help the large family, picking up items they may have dropped or being careful around the train, but Stu would usually be at their throats, accusing them for harming one of their own.

But today was different. Usually predators would keep their distance, in respect of the large family, not wanting to frighten them.

The only animals near the bunnies were prey, much like themselves.

A fox.

Their natural enemy. Any other predator would have been easier to deal with but foxes? No. They were sly creatures.

There were two of them, a toddler by the look of him and his father, walking along the prams like it wasn't their business.

Bonnie didn't mind, they hadn't proven to be bad but Stu? He never stopped watching.

About 33 carriages along, right next to the young cub and his father, one of their beloved daughters, Judy gave a small cry.

Catching the attention of the foxes, the cub looked around as his father pulled him along. "Let's go Nicholas... We have business to attend to."

The cub by the name of Nicholas looked at the crying baby. Her amethyst eyes watering with tears as what supposedly cause the issue, her bottle, rolled away.

"But dad... The baby's bottle fell out of her pram- I'll just-"

"No son." His father tugged at his paw. "Zootopia isn't nice to us foxes... It isn't a place where you can be anything... You got that? If it were, we wouldn't be needing a darn loan!"

Nicholas watched as the parents continued on, not noticing the fallen baby item. He pulled his paw free and ran, half way across the street to where the bottle lay, scooping it up, much to his father's protests and ran back.

Stu by then was in a panic mode, running up to the cub and snatching the bottle, pushing him to the floor.

Nicholas whimpered as his father walked over to the bunny, yelling at him for his cruel actions.

By then, Most animals had paused to watch as the two fathers argued.

Nicholas attempted to calm baby Judy by petting her head while Stu glared at him.

"Keep away you killer!" He picked the cub up and threw him, earning a punch from Nicholas's father.

Bonnie had stopped pushing the babies and hurried over, gasping at the scene.

"STOP!" She cried as Nicholas scooped up the fallen bottle. The cried of Judy were instantly muffled, causing the adults to look her way.

"Nicholas what are you-" Nicholas shushed the adults as the baby Judy sat up, touching his nose.

She giggled at contact before burping in his face, causing the cub to smile.

"I apologise if I caused trouble." Nick looked down at his tail.

"Well young man you should-" Bonnie glared at Stu.

"It's very much alright, I'm so sorry this got all physical... Stu, what do you have to say for yourself?" Her paws were on her hips as Judy called out once more.

Stu sighed before mumbling a small "sorry." As Nicholas's father nodded.

"Come along Nicholas, we have work to do." The bunnies watched as the two hurried down the street, eyes of many animals watching them.

"Shady work if you ask me." Stu spat, returning to his daughter to check for any injuries.

"She's fine, the boy only handed the bottle back... What was his name? Oh Nicholas! That wasn't right Stu, he was only a young cub!"

Judy giggled as she open and closed her mouth. "N-nee- Neek, nick!!! Nicas!"

"Is she trying to say Nicholas?" Bonnie asked in awe.

"Nonsense, " Stu cut in, "she was trying to say nicad." Bonnie rolled her eyes.

"That's to advanced for a young bunny." She muttered as Stu began to push the baby conga line.

Bonnie looked at Judy. "Strange." She said, "usually a baby would cry when it doesn't recognise the species, and with Judy never seeing a fox before... It's weird."

Stu placed a paw on her shoulder, "something tells me our Judy is gonna be different..." Bonnie nodded her head in agreement.

"Maybe..." She said, "maybe."