(15) Savage for Nothing

3rd person P.O.V

Judy and Nick smiled. "So you're Jack Savage." Nick stated.

"Yup! Jack Savage, ZPD detective." The rabbit exclaimed, shaking paws with the partners.

"Oh it's so amazing to finally have another bunny in the crew!" Judy cheered.

"You're the Judy Hopps everyone speaks of correct? And I assume you're her partner Nick Wilde, you to are both highly praised." Jack nodded.

Judy's eyes lit up as she grabbed Nick's arm. "Did ya hear that Nick?! HE KNOWS US!!!" She cheered. Nick rubbed the back of his neck.

Jack was a new recruit for the ZPD. He was a detective who usually worked solo but finally decided to join after hearing about Judy and Nick- especially Judy.

He was slightly taller than her but not as tall as Nick, making him look defenceless but Nick knew well that it was all part of the act.

Today they decided to introduce themselves after much of Judy's insisting. To Nick, it felt like hours when it was just a few minutes.

5 minutes and he already didn't like the guy.

Why?

Cause he was a rabbit.

Like Judy.

And everyone knows what happens when a bunny works with a bunny.

The very thing that a fox and a bunny can't have in a relationship; love.

Oh it made his blood boil but perhaps seeing Judy's excitement made it all worth it.

"Heard you loud and clear Carrots." Nick lazily smiled.

Jack looked at Nick quizzically. "Carrots?" He questioned.

"Oh that's Nick's nickname for me!... Well one of them... He gives me so many even he can't remember!" Judy laughed, bouncing up and down.

"So I see." Jack replied, eyeing Nick. Nick returned a warm smile while deep down his inner instinct was telling him to kill.

"So Judy, I happen to own a convertible, if you want we could go out and you could show me around, I'm still fairly new to the city." Judy's ears perked up.

"That sounds so awesome!!!" She squeezed her friends paw. Nick could feel the jealousy burn him up. "But-" she said.

Nick looked at her hopefully. "But Nick and I usually go on patrol..." She mumbled. Nick's ears drooped.

She obviously didn't want to go on patrol with HIM. She wanted JACK. "You can go patrol with Jack while showing him around Cottontail, I'll finish up the paperwork Kay?" He said in remorse.

Judy's eyes lit up. "Really?! You're okay with that?!" Nick smiled at her excited face.

"Yeah Sure, anything for you, I'll be in the office." Judy let go of Nick's paw and practically dragged the detective off.

If Judy turned back at all, she would have seen Nick slap himself in the face and kick the ground but she didn't.

"Ugh... Hey Clawhauser, any cases need cracking?" He groaned.

"Not really Nick, get dumped by Judy?" Nick jumped at his comment.

"Dumped? We we're never together man!" Nick exclaimed.

"But you wish you were." Clawhauser stated. Nick paused.

"And you know this how?" He asked.

"Observation, but mainly cause I'm the love expert." He replied.