(13) It's Called a Hustle Sweetheart

Nick's P.O.V

It's late, way past midnight to be exact, and i'm anywhere BUT the one place i truly belong, which is home.

I'm stuck.

At work.

And oh the pain it is for me.

Okay technically I should be able to stay up late being a fox and all but this fox has had his body clock altered to the point where I could drop any second. You may be wondering, what the actual heck am I doing at work this late! Or early... Well you can ask Judy that one.

Apparently since i'm her partner, I have to hang around even when she's completing paperwork, the struggles us guys go through to keep up with women!

But I do it.

I do it because I love her. And although she says she knows, she doesn't really know what I mean.

I could probably catch a few "Zs" right now but I'm worried Judy will enter the office and see me napping on the job. We are the only people in the building sadly so I can't even talk to other officers, Judy is on her last straw, she went to get a cup of coffee which means she probably can only last another half an hour- thank the lord.

Judy's P.O.V

I slowly hopped back towards the room Nick was waiting for me in, knowing him, he was asleep. I took a sip from the coffee cup I had filled and pulled my trusty carrot pen out of my pocket, clicking it and walking towards the door.

Due to my enhanced hearing, I quickly picked up the sound of Nick sighing. I immediately paused at the door and listened.

"Why did I come here with Judy?" He groaned. With a quick movement, I began to record his voice. "No kidding, you love her." Nick answered himself to my surprise.

Nick's P.O.V

"Yeah of course I love her." I answered myself, perhaps I was going crazy because usually I'd have dropped dead asleep. "I love Judy, but she doesn't know that." I sighed heavily before resting my head against my paws, feeling my head get heavier and my eyes begin to droop. I almost didn't pick up the sound of Judy charging into the room from her coffee sugar rush thing.

"Okay Nick lets get started!" She cheered, snapping her fingers in front of my face. That got my full attention and soon I noted her handing me a pen to help fill in the reports. My eyes widened. Just how long was she out the front office door for? Did she hear my idiotic confession? Judy was known to linger and snoop for info, had she heard what I said?!

I smiled sheepishly to her who returned an energetic look of her own, man coffee worked wonders on her. I helped Judy finish up her paperwork before attempting to leave the room. Of course she grabbed my tie which, in case you didn't know, choked me. "Woah hold up Nicky Boy!" She laughed. I looked at her.

"Hang on Carrots, Nicky Boy? Did you really call me that?!" I exclaimed. "Oh boy are you sure you grabbed the right cup and not some left over alcohol or something?" I asked. She frowned.

"Why would there be alcohol in the ZPD?!" She exclaimed. I waved a paw and frowned.

"Nah nah, just checking..." I said. She tilted her head before pulling a stack of folders.

"Checking?! What's wrong?" She asked.

"You act as if you have been drinking. Either that or you ate a lot of candy." I replied.

Judy's P.O.V

I huffed in annoyance. I wasn't drunk! Or on a sugar high. Just really happy!