(17) Just Like Me

3rd person P.O.V

Judy bashed her head against the table. "Nope! NOTHING!" She groaned as Nick entered.

"Still haven't found a lead?" Nick asked, pulling up a chair beside her.

"Nope! Nothing! Why do animals even kidnap children?!" Judy fumed, "it's horrible."

"Well there are many reasons Carrots,  slavery, harassment, torture, stealing... The list goes on."

Judy shuddered in disgust.  "Damn them crooks... I'm always so worried about people like that, it even scares me when ever Mirabai goes to school!" Judy exclaimed.

Right on cue, the two's three year old daughter, Mirabai appeared around the corner, her long ears and tail twitching at the mention of her name.

"Someone say me!!!" She cooed.

"Meebee!" Nick called, using the bizarre nickname he gave his child.

"Buzz buzz imma Mee- bee!" Mirabai giggled, rushing up to her mom.

"Hello baby, what're you doing?" Judy asked, propping her on her lap.

"Helping Mommy and Daddy solve case!" She cheered, out stretching her paws. "What you need help with?"

"Well," Nick began, "we are trying to find a lead." Mirabai loved to be included with the ZPD so finding a lead was one of the things she knew how to do.

Her fur was standing up in some places which indicated she has just woken up from a small nap. "Who do you need to find?" She asked.

"Well you see these photos?" Judy pointed to some pictures of children, "these are victims of a kidnapping. We are trying to get the kidnapper."

Mirabai inspected each picture before picking up the one of a zebra, "Hey! That is Henry... He goes to my scouts club!" She exclaimed.

At this news, Nicks ears perked up. "Scouts you say? Do you remember when you last saw him Meebee?" He asked.

Mirabai nodded her head, "yeah, I was waiting to be picked up by mommy last week on Monday when a black car pulled up. Henry was dragged to the car by a Rhino." She explained.

"Last Monday..." Judy thought aloud, "that's the most recent sighting of him! We've gotta go to his house." She declared.

Mirabai's eyes lit up with excitement. "Does that mean I can join to?!" She squealed.

"We need you as a witness but I think it's safer if you stay here." Nick thought, petting Mirabai's head.

"Okay Daddy." She huffed, quickly running off to her room.

Judy and Nick hurried to call Chief Bogo, explaining they had a lead and would bring Henry's father in for questioning.

Once they got the "okay", the team of two dropped Mirabai off at the police station for Ben to look after her and gathered the required gear.

"So Mirabai, how old are you again?" Benjamin asked. He was very familiar with the FunnyBox child, (funny - fox/ bunny box- bunny/ fox) the regular caretaker for when Judy and Nick had to go out on stakeouts or cases.

"I'm three Benny!" She cheered, climbing up onto the wooden desk.

"Three... So that means you can have... Three donuts!" He produced three chocolate glazed donuts from a box.

"Benny... I'm half fox... I can only eat one chocolate donut before feeling sick." She pointed out. Benny gasped.

"That's right! But can't bunnies also get sick from chocolate?" Ben asked.