Chapter 4

It was probably around 7pm when we found a good place to stay. As I parked the car I looked over at Colleen who was still not talking to me. She still had her headphones on and just looked out the window this whole time. "Colleen?" I say with a gentle voice. I really did not want upset her anymore. Even though I believed I didn't do anything wrong, I had a sister and I knew girls tended to be hormonal  sometimes. Maybe she was going through her monthly woman time.

"Colleen?" I say a bit louder. She just looked at me, rolled her eyes and continued to look out the window. I sighed and decided not to do anything about it. 

Women. What are you going to do with them?

After what felt like an eternity of silence, Colleen spoke up. "Josh?" Her voice was so quiet, if there wasn't deadly silence I would've never of heard. I looked at her and whispered, "Yeah?" Colleen sighed and then finally looked at me for the first time in hours. "I'm sorry for overreacting. I don't know what's wrong with me and I really want to be friends. Can we start over?"

"Of course, it's really okay. Friends?" I stick out my hand hoping for her to shake it. To my surprise she throws herself at me we embrace in a hug. "I'm glad that cleared up now. I'm starving!" Colleen says once we break apart. I laugh and I make my way to the back of the car to get something to eat.

"Now, if it's okay of course, I'd like to get to know you better." I say it with care. I didn't want to annoy her again. "Yeah, of course. Sorry again about early, it's just because-" She stops and shakes her head. 

"Forget about it. Anyway, so my dad runs the gas station as you probably heard when I threatened you. We don't have a lot of money so I don't get out much, that's why I was so desperate to go on this road trip with you. I want to explore, I want try new things. All I do everyday is work in the station and sometimes in the shop round the corner."

"And where's your mom?" When I saw Colleen's face I knew this was the wrong question to ask. "She died when I was 15 from a brain tumor. And before you apologize, it's okay. You didn't know," She mutters quietly. I honestly didn't know what to say but luckily Colleen broke the silence. "So what about you, huh? What are your dreams?"

"Well, I'm really into dancing but I really want to become a YouTuber. I've been watching YouTube ever since I was a tiny little Joshua." I say 'tiny little Joshua' in a weird way causing her to laugh. We were sitting on the hood of the car eating dry Ramen noodles. It was really funny watching Colleen use chopsticks, she looked adorable struggling. 

This road trip is going well again.

Woohooo update I hope you liked it :) Just saying, this hurt my heart to write because Colleen moved to Canada for 3 months and Josh can't be with her so they have a long distance relationship right now :( Anyway, update probably coming next week! :)