Chapter 7

The lesson seemed to go by pretty fast. First I taught Colleen how to tread or what she called, "not drowning." Then I taught her to blow out her from her nose when underwater and thirdly, I demonstrated some strokes. "Okay, now your turn." I say calmly to Colleen who's eyes stared at me for a good solid minute in fear. A sigh escaped her lips and she put her arms in position.

She then took off, rapidly kicking her legs and pushing her arms. Her head wasn't even underneath the water. "Colleen!" I call out and she slows down. When she finally stops splashing I burst into a fit of laughter. "What?" She shouts back defensively. "Your posture, your kicking... just come here," I try and say without laughing. Colleen grumpily swam over to where I was.

"First of all, your back is way too arched. You need to straighten it." My hands reached to push Colleen a bit forward, one on her back and one on her stomach. My hands started travelling to different parts of her body to correct her, causing a huge blush to appear on my face. But if I was being extremely honest, it wasn't that bad.

I then placed my hands over hers, "Keeping your fingers together will make you go faster. Pushing them apart will slow you down and make it harder as the water travels between your fingers." My hand lingered on hers before quickly pulling away, causing to blush even harder. What was wrong with me? I barely know Colleen - I don't even know her middle name - and here I am, blushing like crazy. Stop it Joshua.

I then moved to her legs. I started at her ankles then slowly up her leg to her thigh, twisting it in the right position. "Watch where your hands are going boy," Colleen scolded me in a jokey way but I felt embarrassed. "Sorry," I quietly mumbled and I could hear her quietly laughing. I finished off by her waist, twisting it ever so slightly so it was centred. "There, that's much better," I commented when I was done, my eyes scanning all my corrections.

"Okay, now I'm going to let you go again. Remember the breathing I showed you and keep your head under the water," I whispered in Colleen's ear from behind, my hands firmly on her waist. She wasn't facing me but I could tell her eyes were wide. "What if-" I didn't let her finish. "Sssh. You're going to be okay, now make like a fish and swim!" I pushed Colleen out into the cold, harsh water of the lake and she was actually swimming. She swam to where our boat was floating and leaped out the water to shout, "I did it! Colleen Ballinger can do anything!"

In that moment I just smiled at her. I was so happy I was able to teach her something.

Learn how to swim. (Done)

Hehehe I hope you liked this chapter, it was a bit more intimate 😋