Chapter 15

(PLAY THE SONG WHEN I TELL YOU TO OK COOL ENJOY)

After sharing our tattoos with each other, we decided to make a blanket fort and take selfies with the Polaroid camera.

"Last picture for today, I don't want to run out of film already," Colleen laughs. As I get into pose for the selfie, Colleen kisses my cheek and I can feel myself blush.

"Are there any festivals near us?" Colleen blurts out randomly. "I don't know. Why?" I ask intrigued. "I just feel like going to one today. It's only 5pm, I'm sure we'll find one. Please Joshua," She makes puppy dog eyes and I melt. "Okay, fine. Get in the car."

After hopelessly driving for an hour and a half, we almost gave up. But then we heard music, children screaming and we knew we found a festival.

Colleen sprung out of the car as soon as I stopped and gazed at everything like a little kid. Within in 10 minutes she had already made a flower crown and gotten henna on her right hand. We were looking at some stalls when suddenly we heard an announcement being made.

"It's 7 'o clock everyone! That means it's time for singing. For those new to our festival, at 7 'o clock we have a half hour of singing from volunteers. Does anyone want to go first?" It was dead silent until Colleen yelled, "I'll do it." I was so shocked but I didn't have time to say anything because Colleen had already gone up on stage.

"Um, hi everyone. My name is Colleen Mae Ballinger and ever since I was a little girl I've loved singing. My mom, while she was still alive, used to sing me to sleep every night and that's where I developed my love for singing. Whenever I sing I always dedicate it to my mother, who I miss so very much. But tonight I feel like something different. You see, I work at gas station with my father. It's extremely boring, I just sit and do nothing every day of my life because my father can't afford to send me and siblings to college." Colleen starts to tear up now.

"But then a dork called Joshua David Evans walked into that gas station looking for gas. Me being the complete hoe I am, forced him to take me with him on the roadtrip he was on. He then discovered I have a bucket list, filled with things I want to do before I-" Colleen stumbled here.

"Before I die. A few weeks later we've completed almost everything on that list. One of the the things on that list is 'perform somewhere.' So tonight I want to sing a song that I know that Joshua loves but I think also relates to my situation a lot."

(OK I KNOW THE SONG IS LONG BUT THE LYRICS ARE VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE AS YOU READ COLLEEN SAID IT "RELATES TO HER SITUATION" SO YOU BETTER READ IT THANK YOU)

I never thought that you would be the one to hold my heart.
But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start.

You put your arms around me, and I believe that it's easier for you to let me go.
You put your arms around me and I'm home.

How many times will let you me change my mind and turn around?
I can't decide if I'll let you save my life or if I'll drown.

I hope that you see right through my walls.
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling.
I'll never let a love get so close, you put your arms around me and I'm home.

The world is coming down on me, and I can't find a reason to be loved.
I never wanna leave you, but I can't make you bleed if I'm alone.

You put your arms around me, and I believe that it's easier for you to let me go.

I hope that you see right through my walls.
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home.

I tried my best to never let you in to see the truth
And I've never opened up
I've never truly loved 'till you put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go.

I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home.

Once Colleen finishes the crowd roars with cheers and applause. I am absolutely shocked, I had no clue she could sing at all. Her voice is amazing, it makes me fall in love with her even more. "Okay, everyone. That was Colleen Mae Ballinger! We'll take a short break but for now, grab a partner and dance to 'Thousand Years' by Christina Perri." The lights dim down until it's just the fairy lights giving light.

(START PLAYING THE SONG)

"Colleen Mae Ballinger, would you care to dance with me?" I ask in my most gentleman-like voice. "I thought you'd never ask," She whispers and throws her arms around my neck. My hands find her waist and she leans her head on my shoulder.

"Joshua?" She mumbles into my shoulder. "Yeah?" I reply back. "Thank you." I got confused, "For what?" She smiled and said, "Thank you for showing me what love really is. Before I met you I didn't know if it existed."

And then her lips were on mine.

I could feel euphoria rushing through my bones. Her hands ran through my hair and my grip on her waist tightened. I wasn't just kissing anyone.

I was kissing Colleen Mae Ballinger.

Do you guys love me now? :)