Chapter 11

I couldn't look at Colleen after that.

I almost kissed her. I only recently met her, what was I thinking? Now I can feel the awkwardness between us and I hate it. I would've kissed if it weren't for her.

Charlotte.

Charlotte was my girlfriend. She was absolutely beautiful, I loved her so much. The night I was going to propose to her I found out she committed suicide. It felt like my world had come crashing down. And now, it's like she's still haunting me. I want to get over her, I'm pretty sure I am, but every time I get too close to Colleen it's like I see Charlotte.

After we nearly kissed Colleen ran to the car and locked it, and she's been in there for a while. She ignores whenever I knock on the door so I've given her her space.

Then I get an idea.

I find Colleen's bucket list book and frantically search the pages.

Stargaze.

Maybe if I make it up to her, while ticking something off her bucket list, she'll forgive me. In the meanwhile I tick off the thing we did earlier today.

Have a paint fight. (Done)

After an hour of setting everything up, I knocked gently on the car door and surprisingly Colleen opened it. "What do you want?" She said without looking at me. This didn't discourage me so I continued, "Are you willing to cross off another thing off your bucket list?" Colleen finally looked at me and said, "But it's almost midnight, what can we do this late?" I smiled and held out my hand for her to take. "I'll show you."

Hesitantly, she took my hand as I led her to the back of the car. When she saw what I had laid out she gasped. There laid out on the grass was a huge picnic. "But having a picnic wasn't on my bucket list?" I got out the notebook and pointed to the writing in purple ink.

"I thought while we were at it we could have a picnic," I said and gave a hopeful look. Colleen just looked at me with the cutest look on her face and said:

"You're a dork, Joshua Evans."