Chapter 20

"It'll be fine son, I don't know why you're all worried. It's not like she's going to say no, you guys are like obsessed with each other."

"Yeah, Colleen is crazy about you. There's no way she'll turn you down. And besides, you guys have been together for almost 5 years now."

My parents try and calm me down but I couldn't help but be nervous. I was about to propose to the love of my life after almost 5 years. Colleen and I have had our ups and downs, but we got through them together.

My dad grabs my shoulders and says, "Joshua, listen to me. You'll be fine, she loves you way too much to turn you down. You guys belong together." Finally I could feel myself becoming a bit more calm. "Thanks, pops." I hug them goodbye and leave to pickup Colleen for our date.

Today was actually my 30th birthday but since today was meant to be about me, I felt it was a good day to propose because Colleen wouldn't expect it.

"Hi Snoopy!" Colleen greets me with a hug when I arrive at her door. "Hey Fraggle, you all ready to go?" She nods before taking my hand and closing the door. She was wearing a black dress which hugged her figure and she left her natural so it was a beautiful messy frizz. "Oh, and did I tell you, you look absolutely gorgeous?" I say while kissing her cheek.

"The tuna fish, get it?" Colleen says and starts laughing hysterically. "Yeah, I get it babe. You tell the same joke every year," I say with a smile. I was about to say something else but my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Everything is ready, you can come now. - Rachel :)

We just finished dessert so it was perfect timing. "Hey, my buddies wanted us to come to this theatre for a couple of drinks. You want to go?" I ask Colleen, praying she says yes. "Yeah, sure. Let's just pay the bill and we can leave." I let put a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

While driving to the theatre I could feel the butterflies in my stomach swooping around. My hand are sweating and I have to stop myself from shaking. I can tell Colleen is noticing it but she doesn't say anything.

When we get to the door, I quickly stop Colleen and say, "I love you." She smiles and pecks my lips before opening the door.

When she opens it, there are rose petals scattered down the walk way, fairy lights hanging from the walls and our song is playing softly, 'Thousand Years' by Christina Perri. She starts sobbing softly as I grab her hand and lead her up to the stage. She sits on the chair and I grab her hands.

"Colleen Mae Ballinger, firstly you look beautiful. Secondly, I'm a little curious. Did you already know what's about to happen? Did you play along? Yes, it's my birthday, it's a big birthday but something even bigger is about to happen. You know, I try to surprise but it's really difficult. But so what? This isn't perfect, but life isn't perfect. But your life is about to change right now. There's a few people who have some things to say so let's find out what they are." I switch the laptop that was on the table next to her. I find the video and hit the play button.

'Hi, Colleen! I miss you, I'm so excited to be walking you down the aisle soon. If your mom was here she would be so happy for you. I know she's smiling down on you from heaven. I love you, see you soon!'

'Hi, Colleen. We're so excited to be your mother and father in law. Wishing you all the best.'

'Can't wait for Joshleen babies.' Colleen laughs at the statement Rachel made.

'HELLO THIS IS GLOZELL IS YOU OKAY? IS YOU? GOOD BECAUSE I WANTED TO KNOW! I'm so excited!'

'Hi Auntie Panties! We love you!'

'Hello, Colleen and Josh. This is Kory and I am the love angel.'

'It's about time you became Mrs Teacow.'

The video ends and I get down on one knee. Colleen sobs even louder and I grab both her hands while rubbing my thumbs over them.

"You know me, I usually plan everything to detail. Even what I say, but tonight I haven't. Because I just want to talk. We've been through a lot and you're still the one that I want. This is going to sound so cheesy but I thank God everyday that I walked into that crappy little gas station, and that you blackmailed me so you could come along. I'm going to be honest, but you probably know this already. I thought you were the most annoying bratty person I'd ever come across." Colleen giggles and nods her head.

"But then as I got to know the person you truly are, and I found myself not only falling in love with your looks, but with your personality. And honestly, when I found out you had a brain tumour and you wanted to die I thought my entire world had crashed before me. But you stayed, and I'm so grateful you did."

"I can't promise you you a lot of money. I can't promise you a lot of things but I can promise you me everyday. I just love you so much. I've been in love with love my whole life, but I've found something I'm more in love with and that's you. Because you're real, you're not a story, you're not a movie. You know about Charlotte and everything that happened, but I don't see her anymore, I only see you, the woman I love."

"I'm only doing this one time in my life and that's for you. And with that being said-" I take the black velvet box out of my pocket and open it. Colleen gasps at the ring inside of it.

"Colleen Mae Ballinger, will you do me the absolute honour of spending the rest of your life with me, and will you marry me?" Colleen smiles widely through her tears and says, "Yes of course!"

I place the ring on her finger and she breathes shakily, "Oh my god, it's beautiful." Once it's on, she doesn't hesitate to grab my face and kiss me. My hands wrap around her waist and when we pull apart we lean our foreheads against each other.

"I'll always choose you."

That's the longest chapter I've ever written. Hope you liked Lost and Found! There's an epilogue after this and then it's completely done. I love you all, thank you for sticking with this book! 💜