Chapter 18

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask him to repeat himself. A brain tumour? No, that couldn't be possible.

"Colleen has a brain tumour on the left side of her brain. We offered her a surgery to take it off, then she'll be just fine." I breathe a sigh of relief. "Okay, so when will you operate?" The doctor looks at me with sadness in his eyes, "For some reason, Colleen refuses to let us operate." I'm shaking hard by now, "Can I see her? Is she awake?" He nods, "Take a left turn and her room is the first one." I don't even say thanks, I sprint to her room.

When I burst into her room, Colleen looks at me weakly with no expression on her face. When I notice she isn't going to start the conversation, I do. "Why, Colleen? Why didn't you tell me you have a brain tumour? Why haven't you been taking your medicine? Do you want to die? Do you want to leave me, after we just got together?" I have no idea whether to be angry or upset, I'm a bit of both.

She just looks down while saying, "I can't afford to have an operation, Joshua. I can barely afford the medication. I've accepted I'm going to die, why do you think I have that bucket list?" My heart breaks but I'm still a bit angry. "You could've come to me! I will pay for your surgery, you don't have to die. I won't let you leave me Colleen Mae Ballinger, you're stuck with this doofus."

Tears are pouring from her eyes now, "That's sweet Josh, but I've accepted it. I'm ready to leave the same way my mom did and finally be reunited with her. It's okay, Josh. You can let go." My cheeks are wet with tears.

"I-I don't know what to say or do that will make you stay," I state sadly. "Just kiss me one last time," Colleen smiles. I lean in and our lips connect in a sweet in embrace for what would be the last time. It lasted longer than usual so I wasn't complaining. When we pulled away I couldn't handle the thought of that being the last time.

"See you on the other side," Colleen says with a small laugh and I smile back slightly before closing the door.

RIP Joshleen. Also this is a weird request but I have a music teacher and she is literally the bestest kindest coolest teacher in the world. Whenever I feel like ditching class I go to her class and just hang out with her. Ok, and she just made a food blog because she loves food and her food is super yummyyyy. So if you want to make me super happy you guys should subscribe to her blog! The name is www.andthentherewasfood.co.za :) anyway, RIP Joshleen. A few more chapters of this book! :o