Chapter Nineteen - He Obeys My Curfew

It was apparent that for the rest of my life I was going to have to wear long sleeved t-shirts. That was until, one day I would get absolutely wasted and end up blurting it out anyway that I got a tattoo. A part of me didn't want to tell anyone because I didn't want it to see so out of my character that people would think that they didn't know me at all, but also another part of me wanted to keep it a secret so it can be mine and Brooks' secret.

My mum was pacing at the door when I finally stepped in, the look on her face was priceless. I probably looked pale or green, stinking to high heavens like vomit and purple around my eye from where Brooks accidentally damaged me. Her gasp was sharp and loud.

"I told you he was no good, I cannot believe he hurt you. We are taking this to court. My poor baby. This is why you should always listen to your mother. You look-" I cut off her babbling rampage but sighing.

"Luke didn't hurt me, mum." I told her firmly but she wasn't buying it, it sounded like I just told her that I walked into a door.

"He did, we are taking this matter Ito the polices hands-" I had heard enough. Immediately, she accused Brooks. I hated the fact that she was cursing because apparently Brooks wasn't good enough for me but who is she to justify what good enough for me is.

"Mum. I'm fine, now if you will please be quiet while I go upstairs and avoid you." I said in a bored tone, which obviously shocked my mother. Surprisingly she didn't say another word. Her jaw agape as I walked up the stairs, blunt attitude in my walk.

It looked bad so I couldn't blame her for having that initial, it's Colt's fault for getting it inside her head. But I couldn't hate him either because I vowed to myself that those days were over. Upon reaching my room, I slummed on my bed and stared up at the ceiling.

I observed my habit and listened to the blaring whiny pop music coming from Tara's room. Then the music became louder and clearer as if she opened her door, followed by a slamming sound behind her. Then a very chirpy Tara appeared at my door.

"Hey Alex." She said, inviting herself to sit on my bed.

"Another Saturday afternoon and night alone?" She inquired.

"You can always join me and my friends at Juice." She offered with a sincere smile. Juice was an underage club with only teenagers allowed. It was the rave and the best hangout for the whole weekend. You'd understand pretty much from my brief summary as to why I cringed at her offer.

"Actually, I have a date." I said meekly and I was expecting her to laugh but she smiled and squealed as if someone just asked her on a date.

"Oh My, Who? What? When? Where?" She asked me, not getting any of her words out fast enough.

"Brooks, tonight, I don't know. And honestly, I don't know what you mean by the single question 'What?' so I'll leave that out." I stated and she grinned.

"So you two are getting pretty serious huh?" She asked with a wink.

"No." I told her and she pushed me.

"What ever Alex, I'm choosing your outfit." She said, making her way to my cupboard.

"It's more than 5 hours away." I said realistically.

"We are running out of time." She gasped. "I plan my outfits out the moment I get asked out. Would you rather enough time or not enough time?" She inquired rhetorically.

So I waited and watched as she began to work her magic. Immediately growing bored, I found myself typing his name into google. There were more results than I was expecting, I tried to get an idea as to what I was working with so I ended up watching 'Blood and Guts Challenge', the title intrigued me.