Chapter Twenty - I'm so Inexperienced

I was never one to enjoy the spotlight, the center of attention or any attention at all for that fact. So when I went to school on Monday morning I wanted to run, hide and curl into a blanket. Not that something bad happened, like my school photo being placed on each and every locker. I guess I should explain myself properly so let's rewind back to Sunday.

Sunday.

I wasn't expecting a call, I hear that with the 'Bro Code' -or that's how Lilly explained it to me- (her stepbrothers, actually any boy for that fact) wait 72 hours after the date before calling the girl again. So when my phone was abruptly ringing as I fed Annabelle I was...surprised.

"Brooks?" I answered after checking the caller ID. I was worried, what if something bad happened?

"Hey Al." He said casually, the sound of his voice instantly soothed me.

"What are you doing?" He inquired.

"Feeding Annabelle." I sighed which made him chuckle.

"Sexy. So, can I come over?" He questioned. What? Was I really going to say no to the guy?

"Sure, just give me time to have a shower." I conditioned, tucking a strand of falling hair behind my ear as I held my phone to my ear with my shoulder.

"Or, we can just conserve water and shower together." I could just imagine his irresistible smirk showing as he sprawled out on his bed. I was used to these sexual comments but they still made me smile.

Flirt back, I thought to myself. They were Bec's words that she firmly hammered into me after I told her about the date that didn't end the way we both wanted to.

"If you get here fast enough." I teased. Was I doing this right? I was new to the whole flirting thing so I had no idea what I was doing.

"I'll be there, ready for the towel to drop." He replied causing me to fall back on my bed, silently laughing to myself.

"Shut up Brooks and get your ass over here." I said smoothly back into the phone.

"You like it kinky?" He questioned, I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Brooks." I said in a low voice, warning him.

"Alright, see you soon Al." He drawled, it was evident that neither of us wanted the conversation to end.

"Bye." I chirped and hung up. Dashing to the shower, I quickly stripped down before hopping in.

Towel drying my hair was surprisingly effective before I dropped it, allowing my natural curls cascade down my backside. Slipping into blue skinny jeans, I buttoned up my white t-shirt. Unhappy with my choice as I stared back at my reflection in the mirror, I ended up changing it to a grey Ramones band T-shirt.

Nodding in satisfaction, I smiled hearing the door bell ring just in time. I skipped down stairs, informing everyone that the door was for me, earning myself three grunts in response. My breath hitched when I saw him standing at my door, butterflies consuming my insides.

"Hey," he said, making me melt inside out.

"Hi," I said in a tone that was supposed to be confident.

We stood there, gawping at each other before I turned on my heel, knowing that if I stared at his perfect complexion I was going to start drooling soon.

"Well come on." I teased, climbing the stairs, taking two each time.

When I arrived into my room, I advanced to my bed before dropping down to the floor. Using my bed as a back rest I leaned on it as I stared at my carpet which was in need for a vacuum. I averted my gaze to Brooks who mimicked my actions, sliding his back down the side of my bed and joining me on the floor.