Chapter Twenty Three - He Challenges My Morals

It wasn't until now that I realized just how much society has changed and how much I didn't understand it. Studying is what threw me off. Something I've learned to love for several years, something I've grown accustom to and something I've always known. The definition of studying changed dramatically in the multiple years that I wasn't interested in conforming to society.

Kissing. The definition of studying seemed to change to kissing, not that I had a problem with that. I mean, kissing Brooks was like my new hobby and I knew I wasn't going to get sick of it. I'm getting a tad bit ahead of myself so let me explain what exactly is going on. This morning, I woke up much earlier than expected, so wasting no time at all I got ready and drove to school.

Of course, at the time I got to school it was empty, deserted but I didn't mind it at all. First destination on my agenda was the library, my safe haven. Upon arriving, I pulled out my exercise book along with my text book and I began studying to horrors of trigonometry.

"Thought I'd find the nerd here." His husky and completely sexy voice consumed me, causing me to unintentionally blush.

"Really? Nerd? Brooks you could do so much better." I judged with a smirk on my lips.

"Get rid of that smirk Binks." He said, pulling the chair beside me out from under the table and slouching on it.

"Oh and what are you gonna do if I don't? Make me?" I challenged, leaning on my textbook with my elbows.

Amusement filled his eyes and then I averted my gaze to his lips. He was now wearing a smirk but I had to admit, he wore it much better, I wouldn't even be in the running.

"Yes, I would make you." He said, smugly smiling as he leaned back into his chair. Folding his arms across his chest, I mirrored his actions.

"And how exactly would you do that?" I quizzed in a challenging tone. No way on this planet earth was he winning.

"I'd kiss you." He said simply. I take that back, he already won. The blood in my body bubbled to my cheek forming a red tinge on them.

"So kiss me Brooks." I whispered and there was no arguments. Kissing was the only this we ever agreed on.

Brooks took my hand which was flat on the table, lifting it up gently he took me with me into the aisle of fiction novels. Pressing my back against the shelves of the library, Brooks laced his hand in mine. His eyes flicked from my own and then to my lips before he leaned in.

"Take a note out of Hitch, 90/10." Brooks said in a hushed tone so I could only hear. Hitch, a movie starring Will Smith. His predicament is that the boy should lean in ninety percent of the way, following the girl to close the gap, the further ten percent.

I closed my eyes shut and leaned in the rest of the ten percent. At first I just pressed my lips against his, followed by Luke's lips moving so I decided to follow his pace. Enjoying every second on electricity thrill, I almost didn't hear the disgusted squeal of a younger student.

"Get a room jerks." Normally I would be taken aback but I was too busy focused on Brooks' breath mingling with mine as we willed a part. Leaning over me he pulled a novel from off the shelf and held it in front of our faces before connecting our lips.

His warmth radiating hand found my cheek as my arms wrapped around his neck. I couldn't deny how good Brooks was at kissing but I'd never tell him that. His ego didn't need further boosting. My breathing was uneven which was basically expected when in the presence of Brooks. My heart skipped a beat when his forehead rested on my own and he stared down at me with those gorgeous brown eyes of his.