Chapter Twenty One - He thows flour at me

Before we begin, I'd like to express how incredibly grateful and blown away I am. I still cannot comprehend the fact that people read my writing and enjoy it. Also, after tagging my book into humor I see that it is ranked 43rd and that's phenomenal and I wouldn't be there without you guys. It's incredible and makes this experience so rewarding so thank you! Happy Readings :)

Chapter Twenty One - He thows flour at me

My ear is being verbally chewed off at the moment. I'm not really listening to what's going on, I tune in occasionally when I hear his name mentioned, it's become a rather embarrassing habit. Also I've noticed that I've uncovered another sense, it's the Brooks sense.

I can literally feel his presence without seeing that he's there. It's like an alarm sensor goes off and I just know.

"How do you know that he isn't going to leave you like all those other girls?" My mother challenges, referring to Luke as 'he' as though he knows him.

"Because mum, I know him. I trust him." I admitted, so word leaked out to mum as you probably have already figured out but surprisingly this time she is backing down.

She looks physically exhausted, not the bright, happy and chirpy mum I once knew. The bags under her eyes suggest that she's older but I know that she has had sleep deprivation, most commonly caused by stress. I woke up one night, changing Annabelle'a nappy at 2 in the morning is so much fun. Note, that it sarcasm. As I advanced to the bathroom I happened to walk past her bedroom door which had the door open and I peered in.

There sprawled out on the double bed was my mother, just staring at the ceiling. I pitied her and I felt bad for the hard time she has received. Although lately she is acting like the Tara sent from hell, she is still my mother and I owe her anything if at that.

"Look mum," I sighed dramatically. "I really like this boy and it could be great if you can support us please. That's all I'm asking." I paused, allowing my words to consume her before she nodded.

"Okay Alex, I will support you." To say that I was surprised would be an understatement. I jumped off my bed, raced to her and enveloped her in a hug.

"Thank you." I said with complete sincerity.

"It's okay. Just get ready for school and if I see your grades suffering because of this boyfriend, this relationship will be no more." My mother warned and I held back a chuckle.

"Yes mum." I squeezed her slightly before releasing her.

With a simple nod she left my room, too much confrontation before 8am. Slinging my bag over my shoulder I glared at my own reflection in the mirror. I had to thank my mother for her natural olive skin which was passed down to me. My hair sported a simple wavy look, no hair elastic included because I know how Luke likes it. It's so weird though, dressing up to look your best for someone, I actually have someone.

Shaking my head at my internal nonsense thoughts, I left my room and descended the stairs.

"Wow Alex." An exclamation said from behind me.

Spinning on my heel I glanced at Tara who was smiling. "What? Is my skirt slipping?" I questioned, frantically trying to pull it down.

"No." She smiled genuinely, I smile I rarely saw. "It's just, you're glowing." She stated and I couldn't help the smile curling on my lips.

"Thanks." I replied, accepting her compliment. She walked down the stairs effortlessly before coming from behind me.

"Your tattoos cute, what does mum think?" She teased, whispering in my ear.

She walked past me with a cheeky smile on her face, her eyes never leaving mine. I scowled at her shaking my head and she chuckled, I knew that she wasn't going to say anything but she still had dominance over me.

I walked to the kitchen in a hurried pace so I could keep an eye on Tara. Opening the drawer, I grabbed a bowl and a spoon. Retrieving the coco pops, I served myself before drowning it in milk. I advanced to the dining table where I sat down and munched on my breakfast, my eyes never leaving Tara's back. Successfully, I finished my breakfast without Tara saying anything.

I rinsed out my bowl in the sink before leaving Tara and her cheeky ways, to brush my teeth. Then the question dawned on me, will I be expected to kiss Brooks at school? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy kissing Brooks, probably more than I enjoy reading but to me, I believe that a kiss is a special secret, shared between two people so the fact of swapping saliva so everyone can see is not really a secret.

Rubbing my temples is a method I use when a question gets me worried, so naturally I did so. "Tara, get to the car." I called out harshly as I walked towards the front door.

"What's up with you, lover boy dump you already?" She cooed, overtaking me and exiting the house.

"No," I growled, "And thanks for telling mum." I said bitterly, sarcasm seeping through my words.

"It's okay, Colton already did the dirty work, this was just icing on the cake." She added, hopping into the car once I unlocked it.

"What's his problem anyway?" I inquired, the single most important question left my lips.

"I don't know, all I know if that he hates Luke and he doesn't talk about it." She said uselessly.

My fingers flexed on the steering wheel as I reversed out of my driveway and endured the long time to school where Tara asked me millions of questions about my relationship. Answering them as best I could, I turned into the school car park and sighed a sigh of relief.

Surveying the perimeter the Brooks alarm system went off.

"Good morning." His husky voice greeted me, placing a small kiss onto my cheek.

You'd think by now that the burning sensation would go away but it really doesn't. "Morning." I said, pulling the hair out from behind my ear to hide my fluster.

"Al are you already blushing? I said two words to you." He said, causing me to blush further.

"Then don't say things that make me blush." I shot back, clutching my folder to my chest.

"No, I don't think I will. You're cute when you blush." He complemented, throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"I want to kiss you." He whispered in my ear, he really likes making me blush.

"You'll have to wait." I teased, skipping ahead.