Chapter Twenty Five - We Change My Style

Today was the day that exam trials commenced. After formal I have buckled down every night until early hours of the morning, just studying. My phone has been turned off for three days because I knew Brooks was a distraction and despite my changes into becoming a 'bad girl' I still valued my grades and education. A shaky exhale escaped my lips as I locked the door to my car and walked through the dreaded school gates.

Today I only had my extension math exam which went for three hours. I know, three whole hours of sitting in my uncomfortable seat and scribbling across a planning paper to solve the equations. The exam begins at 9 am on the dot and finishes at 12 pm, no sooner and no later. I progressed to the sign in office, from there I would have to go straight to the hall where the exam is situated. The only good thing is that after 12 pm, I have the rest of the day off.

Normally I would take this advantage to study for my two science exams for Monday but I can't keep avoiding Brooks. I feel so bad, I don't know about him if he is using this unexpected break to study but we literally have not spoken for three whole days. No texts, no skype messages, no phone calls, no random drops to each others house, nothing. It hurt but it was for our own good if we wanted to end the year on a good note, but I missed him like crazy.

"Are you ready?" Bec's nervous voice spoke from beside me. I held my textbooks in a tight grib towards my chests as I nodded.

"As ready as I'll ever be, how about you?" I forgot to mention that I haven't spoken to either of my friends post studying.

"Nervous. I can't stop shaking." She held out her purple hand which was as expected shaking to no end. With a steady hand I gripped hers and smiled.

"You'll do great Bec, good luck." I wished her which she returned.

We heard a light footstep crawl from behind us so as one unit we spun around to see a very frantic Lilly. "I am going to fail this exam." She breathed like a pessimist.

Her eyes were blood shot, suggesting that she stayed up all night drinking caffeine, her hair was all messy as though she just literally threw it in a bun, her shirt was not ironed and her skirt was at different lengths, luckily, she smelt nice.

"Rough night?" I tried to laugh, in attempt to lighten the mood but she ignored my humor and plainly agreed.

"Mitchel wouldn't quit bugging me, I mean as if I weren't doing bad enough in general math he persisted to annoy me until I versed him in a round of basket ball. By the time we finished and I landed back in my room it was 10pm so I stayed up 'til 3am completely absorbing myself in these stupid equations." She rushed over her words as though she couldn't get them out fast enough.

Mitchel is her older brother of one year, he is a basket ball fanatic and he should have been studying for his own exams in year 12 but considering that he got a scholarship to university it's obvious where his priorities on sport and education lies.

"I'm sure that you will do fine." Bec told her positively but Lil just shook her head.

"I reckon i'm gonna be put back in general for another year." She admitted in defeat, I wish that there was something I could do to raise her hopes but it was too late. The bell had rung which informed us to enter the hall and line up to begin our exam. After following protocol I took my assigned seat before the teachers instructed that we should all turn our phones off.

I took this opportunity, while everyone turned their phones off, to turn mine on and see what mess I've created. Sure enough, my heart sank when I scrolled through the multiple missed calls and texts from Bec, Tara, Lilly, Colton, Brooks and my mum. Just as I was about to turn it off a vibrate tingled onto my fingers and I read my new message.