Chapter 5 - Irish blessings fix all

Mari frowned at Joachim. "That wasn't nice of you. She is probably more confused than anything." She had the good grace to blush. "I know it confused and scared the daylights out of me." As she was talking Mari moved to the edge of the bed and hung her legs over the side. "Come here Emma and let me give you a good hug in thanks for being worried." Mari held her arms out to the girl.

Emma glanced up at Joachim before slowly moving over to Mari. When she leaned into the hug she sniffed slightly. "You are a wolf? Do you know the Alpha?" Her voice was quiet and shy as she leaned into the hug. Emma needed to know for Garret's sake. He needed a good Alpha to help him.

"I do but before we get to all that this is Shanna my mate." Mari blushed again as Shanna snickered at her. "I do know Dan since I live at his house, well sort of live there now. Since Shanna being a silly cat type decided I was her mate we are being time shared between the pack and pride." That was deliberately to tease Joachim.

Shanna snorted as she slowly moved towards Mari and Emma. She wrapped an arm around Mari and stroked Emma's hair. "I am not sure when they are going to let me out of here but if you want to talk please come by." She winked at Emma and mock whispered. "I will tell you a few secrets about your future mate."

Joachim frowned at Shanna from where he was sitting and just for good measure hissed at her. "And I will tell your mate some stories as well." He didn't sound too concerned. "As far as springing you from the room I am probably going to need to take you and Mari into town." He looked at Mari. "Dan was badly injured by a vampire last night. He is going to be okay but when he wakes he is likely to come unglued. It would probably help if you were there Mari."

Mari sat up straight and a low frustrated growl could be heard. "I will have Emma help me get Shanna to her room and the two of us dressed. I need to go to him now." In the back of her mind, now that she knew Dan was hurt, Mari could feel the change in the link. Before it had been mentioned she had been too distracted by Shanna. When he had been clawed she was dealing with loosing and then biting Shanna. "Would you mind helping Emma? I should have asked first before I volunteered you."

Emma did twitch at the growl but could understand it. Even though she was young she had felt that way when the small pride she was from had been attacked. "I will help you as much as possible. Would you like to meet my two friends as well?" She was trying to make a good impression on the two since they seemed to be important to Joachim.

Shanna curled a piece of hair around one of Emma's ears. "Thank you sweetie and I appreciate it. As far as your friends we would like to meet them but it might have to be tomorrow. Mari really needs to get to her Alpha." As she was talking she was checking the girl's clothes out and could tell they were from the storage closet. "Maybe tomorrow we can take the three of you shopping if I feel up to it. If not I might let my mate out of my sight for a short time to take you." She lightly bumped Mari before yawning.

Joachim gave the three a slight smile. *Shanna, Mari as you can, find out how she and her two friends ended up as lone cats and a lone wolf. Something happened since I can still feel her terror and horror. Last night she could barely let me go she was so scared.* He knew she would do her best but he had a feeling Mari would have more success since Emma felt far more relaxed. It must be something related to her being a submissive which was impacting on the girl.

Emma looked up at the two of them and her eyes were looking more relaxed than they had. "I hope your Alpha gets better too. What's he like?" She wanted to know since it was probable that the wolf would have to join the pack. As far as the cloths she didn't know what to say.

Mari leaned back slightly and stroked Emma's face for a moment she smiled. "Dan is as far as I can tell a very good Alpha. He saved me from a rogue and brought me into the pack. He has taken very good care of me and one of these days you can come over and visit the pack house. We can bring your friends over as well. As long as you are respectful Dan can be fairly mellow. Now let's get my mate to her room so we can shower and get dressed. I think I might have some clothes which will fit you better than those."