Chapter 7 - We are here for you Garrett

Eventually the two of them slid out of bed and went to take a shower. If Mari was going to be honest she was feeling rather languid and boneless. They hadn't spent a great deal of time with their love making but between the sealing of the mating bond and the emotions she was tired. A rather sensuous smile crossed her face as she contemplated how they had enjoyed each other. When Shanna had shifted her tongue and started licking her, Mari had damn near hit the roof. That had been one of the most intense orgasms she had ever had.

Then again she had returned the favor as well and Shanna seemed to have enjoyed it. Well if that yowl of enjoyment was any indicator she had. When they stepped into the shower Mari heard Shanna groan in enjoyment. "Feels good doesn't it?" Mari leaned back into the hug Shanna gave her and enjoyed the feel of their bodies touching. Now that the bond was fully formed she could feel Shanna's emotions far more than she had before. Shanna was enjoying the feel of Mari's body against hers as Mari was enjoying Shanna's against hers.

Eventually they finished showering and stepped out. After Mari finished toweling off she wrapped a towel around her hair to try and dry it off even some. When she walked out of the bathroom and over to the dresser she pulled out a pair of panties and pulled them on. She was debating on a night shirt since it was a habit but she was enjoying the skin contact. After a short consideration Mari decided against the shirt. She wanted the skin contact since the tingles helped her sleep.

While Mari was contemplating the drawer Shanna couldn't resist the urge to play some. She snuck over and before Mari realized it Shanna had slipped a finger just inside the elastic waist of her panties. She pulled back and let it snap.

Mari actually screamed and jumped. She whirled around and glared at her. "What the heck was that for you...you..." She didn't know what to say and ended up standing there with her hands on her hips glaring at Shanna.

Shanna started laughing at the pouty look Mari had. She leaned forward and gently kissed her lower lip. "Just playing silly wolf, wolves are silly because they don't understand the fun of play." Her cat was very amused at Mari's reaction. She was going to be getting an introduction to how cats played even if Mari didn't appreciate it at first.

She narrowed her eyes at Shanna and growled at her. "That was totally uncalled for you ungrateful cat. I let you take me as your mate and what do you do? You snap my panties? You might be sleeping on the floor." Darn it Mari couldn't keep a straight face when Shanna kissed her lip. She barked at her just for good measure before leaning against her and relaxed. "Wolves do play but we just aren't lazy lay in the sun cats."

That got an unrepentant grin from Shanna as she scooped Mari up and carried her over to the bed. "I am tired and I have a feeling you will sleep well also." She settled Mari on one side before crawling in next to her and pulling the covers up. "Good night my love." Shanna gave her a light kiss before curling up around her and quickly fell asleep.

Mari growled at her when Shanna picked her up. It was only a token growl though as she leaned into her mates arms. Once they were in bed Mari curled up on her side. When Shanna spooned her she rested her arm over Shanna's and interlaced her fingers. "Good night Loverling as well." She was quickly asleep and Mari was feeling very protected and warm. Her wolf was feeling very protected as well.

At some time during the night she started twitching and jolted away from some undefined fear. Mari sat up and could feel her heart beating rapidly. She had to take a moment to calm down and frowned. Whatever she had been feeling wasn't from either Shanna or herself. It was only a moment later when Aurora contacted her.

*Mari can you please come to my room? Garrett is locked in a nightmare and I don't know what I should do.* Aurora sounded almost frantic as she was thinking.